1920x1200 DVI with NVIDIA card?

Hi,

I own a Samsung 240T LCD display. Its native resolution is 1920x1200. I
had to buy an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro because the NVIDIA drivers at the time did
not allow DVI out at 1920x1200 @52Hz. Is this still the case? Because I'm
in the market for a new card and the 6800's are looking like the best
choice.

Thanks!
Jon

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Jon Cortelyou" <jcortel@not_spam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I own a Samsung 240T LCD display. Its native resolution is 1920x1200. I
> had to buy an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro because the NVIDIA drivers at the time
did
> not allow DVI out at 1920x1200 @52Hz. Is this still the case? Because
I'm
> in the market for a new card and the 6800's are looking like the best
> choice.
>
> Thanks!
> Jon

You're good to go. I just picked up a 23inch Sony, and I have a Geforce
5950, with the 61.77 drivers. 1920X1200 looks awesome.

-Brad

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the reply. Good to know.

-Jon

"brad" <res0og0o@verizon.net> wrote in message
> "Jon Cortelyou" <jcortel@not_spam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I own a Samsung 240T LCD display. Its native resolution is 1920x1200.
> > had to buy an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro because the NVIDIA drivers at the time
> did
> > not allow DVI out at 1920x1200 @52Hz. Is this still the case? Because
> I'm
> > in the market for a new card and the 6800's are looking like the best
> > choice.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jon
> >

> You're good to go. I just picked up a 23inch Sony, and I have a Geforce
> 5950, with the 61.77 drivers. 1920X1200 looks awesome.
>
> -Brad

jaime

"brad" <res0og0o@verizon.net> wrote in message
> "Jon Cortelyou" <jcortel@not_spam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I own a Samsung 240T LCD display. Its native resolution is 1920x1200. I
>> had to buy an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro because the NVIDIA drivers at the time
> did
>> not allow DVI out at 1920x1200 @52Hz. Is this still the case? Because
> I'm
>> in the market for a new card and the 6800's are looking like the best
>> choice.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jon
>>

> You're good to go. I just picked up a 23inch Sony, and I have a Geforce
> 5950, with the 61.77 drivers. 1920X1200 looks awesome.

Is that the p234? If so whats it like for DVD's, as some of the reviews
suggest that subtle tones arn't too good.

Thanks

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"jaime" <usernet@jaimem.org.uk> wrote in message

> "brad" <res0og0o@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > "Jon Cortelyou" <jcortel@not_spam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I own a Samsung 240T LCD display. Its native resolution is 1920x1200.
> >> had to buy an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro because the NVIDIA drivers at the
time
> > did
> >> not allow DVI out at 1920x1200 @52Hz. Is this still the case? Because
> > I'm
> >> in the market for a new card and the 6800's are looking like the best
> >> choice.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Jon
> >>

> > You're good to go. I just picked up a 23inch Sony, and I have a Geforce
> > 5950, with the 61.77 drivers. 1920X1200 looks awesome.
> >

> Is that the p234? If so whats it like for DVD's, as some of the reviews
> suggest that subtle tones arn't too good.
>
> Thanks

It is the P234, and I would say that the reviews are correct - I think dvd's
look better on a CRT, or my tv. Seem to get a lot of color in flesh
ones - for example, I tried watching Star Wars, and the scene in the
beginning where the droid are waling through the sand had a lot of red and
blue tints to it. But this was all on day 1 (only had it since Monday
night). Hopefully there are some adjustments that I can make. Other than
that, got it primarily for games, and in that department it rocks!

-Brad

jaime

snip

> It is the P234, and I would say that the reviews are correct - I think
> dvd's
> look better on a CRT, or my tv. Seem to get a lot of color in flesh
> ones - for example, I tried watching Star Wars, and the scene in the
> beginning where the droid are waling through the sand had a lot of red and
> blue tints to it. But this was all on day 1 (only had it since Monday
> night). Hopefully there are some adjustments that I can make. Other than
> that, got it primarily for games, and in that department it rocks!
>
> -Brad

Thanks, that's very useful to know. If you do manage to improve things
please let me know.

"brad" <res0og0o@verizon.net> schrieb:
> "Jon Cortelyou" <jcortel@not_spam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I own a Samsung 240T LCD display. Its native resolution is 1920x1200. I
>> had to buy an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro because the NVIDIA drivers at the time
> did
>> not allow DVI out at 1920x1200 @52Hz. Is this still the case? Because
> I'm
>> in the market for a new card and the 6800's are looking like the best
>> choice.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jon
>>

> You're good to go. I just picked up a 23inch Sony, and I have a Geforce
> 5950, with the 61.77 drivers. 1920X1200 looks awesome.
>
> -Brad

Hello,

how did you do this?
I have an GeForce 5900 (ASUS V9950 Deluxe) and I'm not able to get the
1920x1200 resolution via DVI.
Do you use it in digital or analog mode? If you're using it in digital,
which frequenzy must I set to get it run on my BenQ FP231W.

Thanks in advance.

Greets
Timo

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Hello,
>
> how did you do this?
> I have an GeForce 5900 (ASUS V9950 Deluxe) and I'm not able to get the
> 1920x1200 resolution via DVI.
> Do you use it in digital or analog mode? If you're using it in digital,
> which frequenzy must I set to get it run on my BenQ FP231W.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Greets
> Timo

I am connected via DVI.

After I installed the drivers for the monitor, the nvidia driver recognized
it as a digital flat panel, and the resolution was available to me. Not
sure what you mean by frequency, but if you point me in the right direction,
I'll take a look.

-Brad

"brad" <res0og0o@verizon.net> schrieb:

>> Hello,
>>
>> how did you do this?
>> I have an GeForce 5900 (ASUS V9950 Deluxe) and I'm not able to get the
>> 1920x1200 resolution via DVI.
>> Do you use it in digital or analog mode? If you're using it in digital,
>> which frequenzy must I set to get it run on my BenQ FP231W.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Greets
>> Timo
>>

> I am connected via DVI.
>
> After I installed the drivers for the monitor, the nvidia driver
> recognized
> it as a digital flat panel, and the resolution was available to me. Not
> sure what you mean by frequency, but if you point me in the right
> direction,
> I'll take a look.
>
> -Brad

Hello Brad,

my problem is, the BenQ shoes "out of range" when the V9950 ist set to
1920x1200@60Hz.
And Jon Cortelyou has written in the beginning of this thread, that nvidia
can run it at 52Hz, so I thought, you're using the 52Hz, too.
To this time, i don't know, how to setup the card to get lower frequenzies
than 60Hz.

Bit I found the solution, how to get 52Hz in the advanced features in the
driver package 61.77. I have disabled "show only resolution which monitor
can use", and add manually the resolution 1920x1200@52Hz and now my BenQ is
running fine...

Sorry for english grammar...

Timo