Moto E815 vs Vx6000 my 1st impressions.

As promised here is my basic review of the E815 fone vs the vx6000 that
I've used for about 2 years.
The E815 is a little larger and heavier than the vx6000 but seems to be
very well built and quite solidly constructed. The menues are very easy to
navigate but I don't like the fact that moving the cursor to the "Openwave"
icon does a connection immediately without having to press send.
The menu response speed is very good.
The manual is actually very good, especially compared to the one that
came with the VX6000.
The index is pretty complete and it is easy to find functions quickly.

The volume/ring type control is on the side like the LG but is closer
toward the top and doesn't tend to get pressed by mistake like the VX6000
did.
That used to drive me nuts!

Color screens are nice and crisp, but the outside screen is a little
difficult to read in daylight, especially the icons.
The vibrate feature is a bit weak, but perfectly acceptable at least to me.
I have no trouble feeling it vibrate on a belt hook but it won't dance
across the table like some phones do :)

This phone is LOUD, and I mean LOUD.. The ringers, sound and speaker phone
play very loudly with no distortion at all, unlike the VX6000 which IMHO
has a tinny/buzzy quality to it.
Audio quality is the best I have heard from a cell phone.

Coverage seems very good and places that I have had trouble with using my
VX6000 seem to work fine with the E815.
The camera is decent and it seems to work ok, but I am not really into that
stuff.
At least not yet :)

I am using the Jabra BTV250 Bluetooth headset with the unit and like
someone else has already stated, this combo is AWESOME!!

The voice dialing actually works very well!

I am getting no echos at all and the audio quality of the headset is almost
as good as the phone itself.
I'll admit I was a skeptic, but it really works very well.

Well that's it for now, just the basics, but my opinion is that this is
easily the best phone Verizon has ever offered and if you are in the market
for a new phone you would do yourself a disservice not to try this one.
It looks like Moto got it very right this time :)

sponge

I just got one myself, Did you get a ext. card too? Just wondering because
without one it only records 15sec worth of video.
Not sure if the card makes any difference.

"Sponge" <le_yam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> As promised here is my basic review of the E815 fone vs the vx6000 that
> I've used for about 2 years.
> The E815 is a little larger and heavier than the vx6000 but seems to be
> very well built and quite solidly constructed. The menues are very easy to
> navigate but I don't like the fact that moving the cursor to the
> "Openwave"
> icon does a connection immediately without having to press send.
> The menu response speed is very good.
> The manual is actually very good, especially compared to the one that
> came with the VX6000.
> The index is pretty complete and it is easy to find functions quickly.
>
> The volume/ring type control is on the side like the LG but is closer
> toward the top and doesn't tend to get pressed by mistake like the VX6000
> did.
> That used to drive me nuts!
>
> Color screens are nice and crisp, but the outside screen is a little
> difficult to read in daylight, especially the icons.
> The vibrate feature is a bit weak, but perfectly acceptable at least to
> me.
> I have no trouble feeling it vibrate on a belt hook but it won't dance
> across the table like some phones do :)
>
> This phone is LOUD, and I mean LOUD.. The ringers, sound and speaker phone
> play very loudly with no distortion at all, unlike the VX6000 which IMHO
> has a tinny/buzzy quality to it.
> Audio quality is the best I have heard from a cell phone.
>
> Coverage seems very good and places that I have had trouble with using my
> VX6000 seem to work fine with the E815.
> The camera is decent and it seems to work ok, but I am not really into
> that
> stuff.
> At least not yet :)
>
> I am using the Jabra BTV250 Bluetooth headset with the unit and like
> someone else has already stated, this combo is AWESOME!!
>
> The voice dialing actually works very well!
>
> I am getting no echos at all and the audio quality of the headset is
> almost
> as good as the phone itself.
> I'll admit I was a skeptic, but it really works very well.
>
> Well that's it for now, just the basics, but my opinion is that this is
> easily the best phone Verizon has ever offered and if you are in the
> market
> for a new phone you would do yourself a disservice not to try this one.
> It looks like Moto got it very right this time :)
>
> sponge

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:58:10 -0500, "Carlos Hathcock"
<Carlos_Hathcock@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I just got one myself, Did you get a ext. card too? Just wondering because
>without one it only records 15sec worth of video.
>Not sure if the card makes any difference.
>

>"Sponge" <le_yam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> As promised here is my basic review of the E815 fone vs the vx6000 that
>> I've used for about 2 years.
>> The E815 is a little larger and heavier than the vx6000 but seems to be
>> very well built and quite solidly constructed. The menues are very easy to
>> navigate but I don't like the fact that moving the cursor to the
>> "Openwave"
>> icon does a connection immediately without having to press send.
>> The menu response speed is very good.
>> The manual is actually very good, especially compared to the one that
>> came with the VX6000.
>> The index is pretty complete and it is easy to find functions quickly.
>>
>> The volume/ring type control is on the side like the LG but is closer
>> toward the top and doesn't tend to get pressed by mistake like the VX6000
>> did.
>> That used to drive me nuts!
>>
>> Color screens are nice and crisp, but the outside screen is a little
>> difficult to read in daylight, especially the icons.
>> The vibrate feature is a bit weak, but perfectly acceptable at least to
>> me.
>> I have no trouble feeling it vibrate on a belt hook but it won't dance
>> across the table like some phones do :)
>>
>> This phone is LOUD, and I mean LOUD.. The ringers, sound and speaker phone
>> play very loudly with no distortion at all, unlike the VX6000 which IMHO
>> has a tinny/buzzy quality to it.
>> Audio quality is the best I have heard from a cell phone.
>>
>> Coverage seems very good and places that I have had trouble with using my
>> VX6000 seem to work fine with the E815.
>> The camera is decent and it seems to work ok, but I am not really into
>> that
>> stuff.
>> At least not yet :)
>>
>> I am using the Jabra BTV250 Bluetooth headset with the unit and like
>> someone else has already stated, this combo is AWESOME!!
>>
>> The voice dialing actually works very well!
>>
>> I am getting no echos at all and the audio quality of the headset is
>> almost
>> as good as the phone itself.
>> I'll admit I was a skeptic, but it really works very well.
>>
>> Well that's it for now, just the basics, but my opinion is that this is
>> easily the best phone Verizon has ever offered and if you are in the
>> market
>> for a new phone you would do yourself a disservice not to try this one.
>> It looks like Moto got it very right this time :)
>>
>> sponge

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

In article <LK-dnSG3nfsl7nLfRVn-gQ@comcast.com>, deadhead73@comcast.net
says...
> seems to be a nice price for the flash card do you have a link? i just
> picked mine up from a corp store and they only had 30 left.
>
> brian

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007TJ7TY/qid=
1123026847/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_sbs_1/102-5089159-9748925?
v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846