APOLLO S3 SAVAGE IX 8MB SDRAM AGP VIDEO CARD

I am trying to find out the maximum vertical scan rate for this card.
Does Apollo has a web site? If yes, what is their URL?

If no, can anyone tell me the maximum vertical scan rate for this
card? I need something around 85-100 Hz(?) for 1024 x 768
resolutions.

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about apollo savage sdram video card

    0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
    > I am trying to find out the maximum vertical scan rate for this card.
    > Does Apollo has a web site? If yes, what is their URL?
    >
    > If no, can anyone tell me the maximum vertical scan rate for this
    > card? I need something around 85-100 Hz(?) for 1024 x 768
    > resolutions.
    >
    > TIA
    It's actually your monitor that controls your refresh rate. Although
    most video cards have a maximum and minimum refresh support, the monitor
    has the final say so to speak. Having the correct monitor.inf file
    installed for your brand of monitor is a huge advantage over using the
    "Plug and Play Monitor" or the "SuperVGA Monitor" in Windows. These
    brand specific inf files will ensure that you have the correct refresh
    settings for your monitor.

    Tim <t.w.taylor@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<npWdnVJNYqaXt_bcRVn-ow@rogers.com>...
    > 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
    > > I am trying to find out the maximum vertical scan rate for this card.
    > > Does Apollo has a web site? If yes, what is their URL?
    > >
    > > If no, can anyone tell me the maximum vertical scan rate for this
    > > card? I need something around 85-100 Hz(?) for 1024 x 768
    > > resolutions.
    > >

    > It's actually your monitor that controls your refresh rate. Although
    > most video cards have a maximum and minimum refresh support, the monitor
    > has the final say so to speak. Having the correct monitor.inf file
    > installed for your brand of monitor is a huge advantage over using the
    > "Plug and Play Monitor" or the "SuperVGA Monitor" in Windows. These
    > brand specific inf files will ensure that you have the correct refresh
    > settings for your monitor.

    My understanding is that it is the lowest common denominator between
    the two devices. i.e. If the monitor is capable of 100 Hz for 1024 x
    768; but the video card is only capable of 75 Hz at that resolution;
    then I am only going to get 75 Hz.

Graphics Cards Hardware SDRAM Graphics