need battery for 450x notebook

I need to replace the battery in 2.5 year old 450x notebook. Curious how
the battery isn't covered unedr the 3 year plan?

Any suggestions where to find a replacement? Gateway wanrts $109.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about need battery 450x notebook

    None of the majors cover batteries in notebook PCs for more than a year,
    even with 3- or 4-year warranties on the rest of the system - that goes for
    Dell, IBM, Toshiba, HPaq, and eMachines.

    That's a pretty good price for a battery - you may find them slightly
    cheaper elsewhere, but pay attention to age - lithium batteries suffer from
    age as much as use, and with a lifespan of 18 months-2 years or so, a
    6-month old battery may have as much as a third if its life used up before
    you even install it.

    "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I need to replace the battery in 2.5 year old 450x notebook. Curious how
    >the battery isn't covered unedr the 3 year plan?
    >
    > Any suggestions where to find a replacement? Gateway wanrts $109.
    >
    > Thanks

    thanks for the advice

    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > None of the majors cover batteries in notebook PCs for more than a year,
    > even with 3- or 4-year warranties on the rest of the system - that goes
    > for Dell, IBM, Toshiba, HPaq, and eMachines.
    >
    > That's a pretty good price for a battery - you may find them slightly
    > cheaper elsewhere, but pay attention to age - lithium batteries suffer
    > from age as much as use, and with a lifespan of 18 months-2 years or so, a
    > 6-month old battery may have as much as a third if its life used up before
    > you even install it.
    >

    > "eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>I need to replace the battery in 2.5 year old 450x notebook. Curious how
    >>the battery isn't covered unedr the 3 year plan?
    >>
    >> Any suggestions where to find a replacement? Gateway wanrts $109.
    >>
    >> Thanks

Gateway Battery Notebooks Computers