DFP monitor (ViewSonic VPD150)

I just salvaged a ViewSonic VPD150 LCD monitor from a skip.
Unfortunately, it has a DFP/TMDS input. The video input is
through a cable that comes out of the back of the monitor. The
plug at the end of the cable is a 20-way male connector with
small-pitch centronics-style "pins" in a D shell (much like a
DE9M, but a bit smaller).

Will a simple DVI-to-DFP adapter like the one below let me use
it on any DVI card ? Or are there any additional requirements ?

http://tinyurl.com/6o7lo
<URL:http://www.cdiscount.com//mag/fich_prod.asp?prodid=000000
0000000000000000000000000000004I77>

Also, are there any VGA-to-DFP adaptors ?

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
There are far more C programmers than there are copies of the

For the benefit of archive users :

On 2004-10-22, Andre Majorel wrote:

> I just salvaged a ViewSonic VPD150 LCD monitor from a skip.
> Unfortunately, it has a DFP/TMDS input. The video input is
> through a cable that comes out of the back of the monitor. The
> plug at the end of the cable is a 20-way male connector with
> small-pitch centronics-style "pins" in a D shell (much like a
> DE9M, but a bit smaller).

Apparently, this type of connector is called "MDR".

> Will a simple DVI-to-DFP adapter like the one below let me use
> it on any DVI card ? Or are there any additional requirements ?

I bought a DVI-to-DFP adapter and it worked perfectly. The
monitor was able to sync to VGA 80x25 text mode and all the
modes I tried (1024x768, 800x600, 640x480, 512x384, 400x300,
384x288, 360x270, 344x256, 328x249 and 320x240).

The XF86Config monitor stanza :

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "mon-vpd150"
HorizSync 48-62
VertRefresh 60-75
Option "DPMS"
EndSection

The exact model is "computer accessories", bar code 3 548381
274407, ref 127440.

http://grosbill.com/1/15651/adaptateur-GENERIQUE-DVI-Male---DFP-MDR20-Femelle-(127440)

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>