How to get a good picture quality in a CRT monitor ?

Hi,

I'm using a Sony 21" CRT monitor (F520) with an ATI Radeon 9700Pro. The
problem cames with the refresh rate: if I use a 60Hz refresh at 1600x1200 I
get a good quality: crystal clear text. But if set it at 85Hz (needed to
work with it comfortably) and text becomes blurred. If I go as high as
100Hz, the text becomes *very* blurred.

Do you know what can be done to get a good quality out of the VGA card? Do
BNC connectors help?

Any comment would be really welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Mist in the night wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a Sony 21" CRT monitor (F520) with an ATI Radeon
> 9700Pro. The
> problem cames with the refresh rate: if I use a 60Hz refresh at 1600x1200
> I get a good quality: crystal clear text. But if set it at 85Hz (needed to
> work with it comfortably) and text becomes blurred. If I go as high as
> 100Hz, the text becomes *very* blurred.
>
> Do you know what can be done to get a good quality out of the VGA
> card? Do
> BNC connectors help?
>
> Any comment would be really welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Sony doesn't say what the bandwidth on that monitor is or whether it is
different on the BNC than it is on the 15-pin connector--about 270 MHz it
looks like from the resolution limits, so 1600x1200x100 shouldn't be taxing
it. The BNC cable is probably your best bet--monitors that support both
15-pin and BNC inputs generally have higher bandwidth on the BNC for some
reason.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)