Video card for my ViewSonic VP201s

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,misc.forsale.computers.pc-specific.cards.video (More info?)

Hi

I am unable to use ViewSonic VP201s with ATI ALL-IN-WONDER Radeon
8500DV, with DVI output at 1600x1200 resolution. The screen flickers
or turns black. The problem does not occur if I connect it (VP201s) to
the VGA port.

ATI gives a work around which to some extent fixes the problem (see
the link below)

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3992.html

However the video card is still cannot adjust to the lower resolution
automatically and flickers during the reboot.

I want to buy a new video card and I need some help to decide which
one to buy that works with ViewSonic VP201s on its Native Recommended
Resolution 1600x1200 using DVI connection.

Thanks in advance

Sam
sam_nyc@email.com
1 answer Last reply
More about video card viewsonic vp201s
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,misc.forsale.computers.pc-specific.cards.video (More info?)

    Ask Viewsonic? ... Ben Myers

    On 24 Oct 2004 18:33:51 -0700, sam_nyc@email.com (Sam) wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am unable to use ViewSonic VP201s with ATI ALL-IN-WONDER Radeon
    >8500DV, with DVI output at 1600x1200 resolution. The screen flickers
    >or turns black. The problem does not occur if I connect it (VP201s) to
    >the VGA port.
    >
    >ATI gives a work around which to some extent fixes the problem (see
    >the link below)
    >
    >http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3992.html
    >
    >However the video card is still cannot adjust to the lower resolution
    >automatically and flickers during the reboot.
    >
    >I want to buy a new video card and I need some help to decide which
    >one to buy that works with ViewSonic VP201s on its Native Recommended
    >Resolution 1600x1200 using DVI connection.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Sam
    >sam_nyc@email.com

Graphics Cards Viewsonic Video Graphics