Grays turn pink with Viewsonic LCD

This morning I picked up a Viewsonic VP201s 20" LCD, and I'm pretty
happy with it except for one problem. When I change the contrast
(I've using DVI-D) gray objects start gray but then go pink as I
increase the contrast near 3/4 and then go gray again. The ideal
contrast has light grays are pink (mauve, actually). The thing also
has one dead pixal, but its not a big deal and can only be seen on a
blue screen.

I don't want to send it back, since I got it at a good price ($799cdn)
and they aren't likely to keep them in stock much longer at that
price. Any ideas why I'm getting pink grays?

It could be two things

1 e badconnection between monitor and computer. But i am hoping that
you have check that and changed the cable or connected te monitor to a
different computer.

2 your backlight doesn't get enough power or is going bad. This would
create a reddish imagecolor.

Chris