Easiest Way To Improve Driving Skills?

Is it easier if you use a certain car or what? I've been driving all
over the place for days and my driving skills meter has never gone
up...

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:47:21 -0500, Gumbo ... <Gumbo@mkx.org> wrote:

>Is it easier if you use a certain car or what? I've been driving all
>over the place for days and my driving skills meter has never gone
>up...

It seems to take forever. Just keep driving.

Mind you my bike skills rose darn quick, OK I was pulling insane stunts
and wheelies and stoppies (the pier in LS is a great place for this).

Back to driving skills, in comparison it seems to take an age so too
often I use the NRG-500, guess I'm just a biker at heart.

Jack Crack wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:47:21 -0500, Gumbo ... <Gumbo@mkx.org> wrote:
>
> >Is it easier if you use a certain car or what? I've been driving all
> >over the place for days and my driving skills meter has never gone
> >up...
> >

> It seems to take forever. Just keep driving.

that's about the size of it. i drive all round the outer egdes of the
island, get the longest straightest roads etc. Make sure not to ride a
bike instead as that's a separate skill

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

> Back to driving skills, in comparison it seems to take an age so too
> often I use the NRG-500, guess I'm just a biker at heart.

Same here! A bike is much more practical than a car, you can just zip
through any kind of traffic with ludicrous speed.

It seems that the driving skill increases quicker if you do a lot of
insanse stunts as well. Or go *really* fast (e.g. with the car at
Catalina's)

Bram
--
Honk if you love peace & quiet.

mustrum_ridcully wrote:

> Mind you my bike skills rose darn quick, OK I was pulling insane stunts
> and wheelies and stoppies (the pier in LS is a great place for this).
>
> Back to driving skills, in comparison it seems to take an age so too
> often I use the NRG-500, guess I'm just a biker at heart.

yep, I'm the same, you just get such a blast out of the bikes. I like
getting an offroad vehicle and going over hills and stuff but it does
take a long time for car skills to rise, almost as bad as flying!
--

"Gumbo ..." <Gumbo@mkx.org> wrote in message
> Is it easier if you use a certain car or what? I've been driving all
> over the place for days and my driving skills meter has never gone
> up...

I found mine going up anytime I was in a chase, so I get a few cops to chase
me and the skill goes up every few sharp turns you make.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:21:24 -0700, Jack Crack
<JackCrack@JackCrack.not> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:47:21 -0500, Gumbo ... <Gumbo@mkx.org> wrote:
>
>>Is it easier if you use a certain car or what? I've been driving all
>>over the place for days and my driving skills meter has never gone
>>up...
>>

>It seems to take forever. Just keep driving.

I also noticed that my driving skill increased while running the Boat
school missions. So boats as well as cars are usefull.

I just wanted to get my driving skills up cause I wanted to check out
the racing at the arena...

I do use a motorcycle 95% of the time cause they seem faster and
easier in traffic...

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:48:34 -0700, Jack Crack
<JackCrack@JackCrack.not> wrote:

>>I also noticed that my driving skill increased while running the Boat
>>school missions. So boats as well as cars are usefull.

Funny thing about the boats is I jumped into the lake by Angel Pines
and swam all the way back to Los Santos to get my breathing to max and
along the way... I kept seeing the speed boat being chased by the
Cops...

>I just wanted to get my driving skills up cause I wanted to check out
> the racing at the arena...
>
> I do use a motorcycle 95% of the time cause they seem faster and
> easier in traffic...

I prefer bikes, they improve your stamina and they go faster than traffic
and never explode.