Mass Effect 3 May Have 4-Player Co-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
You know, I have Mass Effect 1 & 2, and I haven't even played them yet... :( I wan't to just haven't really had the time and been playing other games. But, last week I just finished watching all the seasons of Battlestar Galactica (AWSOME SHOW!! Sad it ended), and I finally played the first few minutes of Mass Effect 2, and it was starting out like Battle Galactica. Similar ship, similar story, and then they said "spin up the FTL drives!!" and they jumped in. Now I'm stoked about the game, can't wait to play it some more.

Is the story copied from Battlestar galactica?

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
I'm not sure how similar it is to Battlestar glactica, never seen it but I have heard of it.
You should play the original one first for the story which i think is better than the second although the second has better graphics.

Why is most of the games I am waiting for going to Origin? First SWTOR then BF3, now ME3? ...sigh..

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
WTF

this game was supose to be out by now or at least soon.
ea delayed the game to make it more main stream

IS THIS WHY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE GAME????????

on a side not im SO glad ea didn't f@#$ with the story and the 4 player online is separate from the main game.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Sadly no this isn't much like BSG in the story department, but it does have a good story to it. The best improvement of ME2 over ME1 is you can get your freak on with the hot chick from "Chuck." The biggest letdown was the decreased customization of NPC's between the two.

You should definitely play the first one first, as it pretty much immediately precedes the sequel.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
[citation][nom]flightmare[/nom]I'm just very afraid EA will mess this up with Origin, like Games For Windows Live does.[/citation]Yup, me too. I probably won't buy it if it's not on Steam.

Just finished ME1 (yes I'm a bit behind the times, but I'm a college student. I don't money for food, much less games) and I think its one of the finest games I've ever played, although it was a little short.

Can't wait to ge 2 from Steam, need to find $20!

Multiplayer would be awesome!

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Thanks, i think ill set a day aside next week and try out the first one. I hope someone makes a battlestar galactica mmo in the near future. That would be sweet.

P.s. I wish all these companies would stop trying to come out with there own steam clones. Steam is the best. Just making it harder for us. Like i really want 10 different download and game clients.. Sheesh!!

heerobya

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I've played through ME1 and 2 multiple times on my 360, so I'll be playing ME3 on 360 too.

I'll be spending enough on BF3 and TOR through Origin for my PC.

Very excited about ME3, ME1 was much better in most ways then ME2, I hope they go back to more of the ME1 story structure, class/level system, and get rid of the stupid ammo and make the inventory better then ME1 but not as limited as ME2.

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Well, seeing how I'm stuck in Kuwait until the holidays, the more delays the better for me. I hope they push back BF3 and Skyrim at least a month. I have no patience and will waste my first experience playing each of those games with headphones and my laptop opposed to doing them justice with an indomitable desktop, epic surround sound and a beer.

[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]You know, I have Mass Effect 1 & 2, and I haven't even played them yet... I wan't to just haven't really had the time and been playing other games. But, last week I just finished watching all the seasons of Battlestar Galactica (AWSOME SHOW!! Sad it ended), and I finally played the first few minutes of Mass Effect 2, and it was starting out like Battle Galactica. Similar ship, similar story, and then they said "spin up the FTL drives!!" and they jumped in. Now I'm stoked about the game, can't wait to play it some more. Is the story copied from Battlestar galactica?[/citation]

I haven't played Mass Effect, but I enjoyed Drew Karpyshyn's novels about it. And yeah, I liked BSG too. I don't think they're related. Mass Effect novels were particularly interesting to me because they had all these weird aliens. There are no aliens in BSG, just humans and their mad robots.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I just hope they don't gay it up like they did with DAO2. Hopefully the numbers from the Witcher 2 will show them the errors in their ways.

As for the similarities derived from many sci fi shows. The concept of FTL exists in SGU and BSG. The space station concept comes in from DS9 and B5. The travel system seems similar to all of the SG series. The main military character in SGA was named Shepard. The AI lifeforms (Geth/Reapers) and their story could be Cylons.

Hope Slayer

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]You know, I have Mass Effect 1 & 2, and I haven't even played them yet... I wan't to just haven't really had the time and been playing other games. But, last week I just finished watching all the seasons of Battlestar Galactica (AWSOME SHOW!! Sad it ended), and I finally played the first few minutes of Mass Effect 2, and it was starting out like Battle Galactica. Similar ship, similar story, and then they said "spin up the FTL drives!!" and they jumped in. Now I'm stoked about the game, can't wait to play it some more. Is the story copied from Battlestar galactica?[/citation]

Many SciFi stories have tech that might make them seem related, but I assure you....NO.

Play the games. IMHO ME2 has one of the best "Main Story" endings ever in a video game.

Th-z

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
So the formula is this, having a successful franchise based on single player game and turn into MMOG money making scheme in the end, replace deep story-telling single player experience with never-ending grinding and looting... No thanks.

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
You really should start with Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 2 is just that much better when you have that background to the story and can pull your characters and plot choices over to Mass Effect 2.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I really hope that ME3 has an offline single player mode (I haven´t been paying much attention), co-op is great and very much welcome, I don´t like MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS