vice city graphics were better?

the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas. do
others agree?

"BLARRRR" <b@blar.com> wrote in message
> the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas. do
> others agree?

I reinstalled Vice City yesterday, I think they are the same, it's just
darker in San Andreas due to the smog.

JM

BLARRRR wrote:
> the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san
> andreas. do others agree?

Until I upgraded my graphics card, I'd have agreed. Now that I've got a
GeForce 6600 it's a lot better given that I can ramp up the draw distance,
antialiasing, etc.

John.

jasper

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003

BLARRRR wrote:
> the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas. do
> others agree?

I agree. Of course, it could, and probably will, depend on my video card
(GeForce Ti4800SE), but it looks like the color depth (16 bits) isn't
enough to "color the world" in SA... Don't know if it would run smoothly
in 32 bits depth.
In VC tough, I didn't see much difference between 16 and 32 bits color
depth...

Anyhow, I finally got my copy from Play.com yesterday, and I'm very sure
I won't get bored this summer :)

Jasper.

schrodinger

"BLARRRR" <b@blar.com> wrote in message
> the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas. do
> others agree?

There seem to be less "interesting" textures and more generic buildings
around. Many of the textures seem lower res too.

It could be how they managed to fit such an immense gameworld into the PS2?

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:04:16 +0100, "BLARRRR" <b@blar.com> wrote:

>the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas. do
>others agree?

Not played it on the pc but i thought they were marginally better on
the ps2 for san andreas, however i hate that motion blur thing it does
when your hammering along on a bike

"BLARRRR" <b@blar.com> wrote in message
> the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas. do
> others agree?

Mine were rubbish until I got a new graphics card, now they are probably
about the same as Vice City, although the draw distances are far better.
They have to be now that you can fly higher and there's more to see in the
distance with the game being so much bigger.

Maybe your graphics card is not quite up to the job? I had a GeForce 4 MX420
(64Mb) that couldn't quite cut the mustard. Upgraded to a NX6200 (128Mb) and
everything is now great.

It might be worth tweaking the display settings in SA to see if you can
squeeze better performance out of your card.

Sorry if it turns out that you need to spend money on new hardware, it is a
pain in the arse when that happens. If it's any consolation, playing SA is
worth it!

I can't tell the difference between 16 and 32 bit colour modes, unless
I take screenshots and zoom in on them. It's playable at 1400x1050x16,
I have to go down to 800x600 to play in 32 bit mode.

I think SA is much prettier than VC on my laptop (3.0GHz Rock Xtreme,
Radeon 9600Pro).

Phil Hibbs.

strider

BLARRRR proclaimed...

> the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas. do
> others agree?

nooooooooooooo

--
"Now that there is a damn fine coat you're wearing."

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> BLARRRR proclaimed...
>
> > the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas.
do
> > others agree?
>
> nooooooooooooo

Yes.

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:32:14 -0400, Margrave of Brandenburg wrote:

> "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>> BLARRRR proclaimed...
>>
>> > the graphics on vice city pc seem to be a lot better than san andreas.
> do
>> > others agree?
>>
>> nooooooooooooo
>
> Yes.

i booted up vice city tonight just to compare and it does seem crisper at
lower graphics... maybe it's that stupid "heat haze" they've introduced
into san andreas?