Problems Starting Up Cold

Recently, I have been having problems with starting up my PC after is
has been turned off for me the 1 hour. No error message though it has
said unable to boot A: sometimes. I have ran WD DATA Lifeguard on the
drives nothing shows. I have tried multiple drives same things. Have
wrote full O's to the drive reinstalled just OS and same thing occurs.
Sometime I get it started after about two or three attempts.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Ron

Replace the C2032 3v lithium battery. These batteries are inexpensive. When
they wear out, all sorts of odd things may happen. Let us know if that works.

.... Ben Myers

Ben Myers wrote:
> Replace the C2032 3v lithium battery. These batteries are inexpensive. When
> they wear out, all sorts of odd things may happen. Let us know if that works.
>
> ... Ben Myers
>
> On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:27:32 GMT, RDBrimmer <ronb21@att.net> wrote:
>

>>Recently, I have been having problems with starting up my PC after is
>>has been turned off for me the 1 hour. No error message though it has
>>said unable to boot A: sometimes. I have ran WD DATA Lifeguard on the
>>drives nothing shows. I have tried multiple drives same things. Have
>>wrote full O's to the drive reinstalled just OS and same thing occurs.
>>Sometime I get it started after about two or three attempts.
>>
>>Any ideas or suggestions?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Ron

Ben,

Thanks for the quick response. Is this going to mean that I am to have
to reset things in my BIOS or not?

Ron

Probably. The system should start up and tell you that the CMOS settings are
corrupted or something similar. But using the BIOS defaults (F5 key as I
recall) should work. If you have a parallel port printer, the non-default ECP
settings usually work best... Ben Myers