Looking for very large gaming monitor (24"+)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 17, 2004 7:54:57 PM

Anyone know of a CRT monitor that will display up to 1600 x 1200 with a
diagonal dimension of atleast 24"? I've seen the "wide" monitors, but, they
have wierd display ratios.

I'm in the USA. Thanks.

TRF

More about : large gaming monitor

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 17, 2004 10:19:00 PM

"TRF" <trfab@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

" Anyone know of a CRT monitor that will display up to 1600 x 1200 with a
diagonal dimension of atleast 24"? "

24", up to 1920x1200:

Compaq IBM P1610
Elsa ECOMO 24H96
Elsa ECOMO 850
Sony GDM W900
Sun X7145A

24", up to 2304x1440:

Hewlett Packard A7217A
Sony PremierPro GDM-FW900
Sony GDM FW900
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 17, 2004 10:19:01 PM

> Cuzman <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote:

>> .. CRT monitor that will display up to 1600 x 1200 with
> a diagonal dimension of atleast 24"? "

> Sony GDM W900
> Hewlett Packard A7217A
> Sony PremierPro GDM-FW900
> Sony GDM FW900

All discontinued, and the hp A7217A is a Sony GDM-FW900.
However, several 'FW900s show up every week on eBay,
usually reaching a final price around $1000.

All are also 14:9 aspect ratio.

November 27, 2004 6:25:05 PM

Bob Niland typed this:

>> Cuzman <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote:
>
>>> .. CRT monitor that will display up to 1600 x 1200 with
>> a diagonal dimension of atleast 24"? "

>> Sony GDM W900
>> Hewlett Packard A7217A
>> Sony PremierPro GDM-FW900
>> Sony GDM FW900
>
> All discontinued, and the hp A7217A is a Sony GDM-FW900.
> However, several 'FW900s show up every week on eBay,
> usually reaching a final price around $1000.
> All are also 14:9 aspect ratio.

So, as I'm looking for a 24" for the "old" eyes, only need
1024 x 768 or a bit more, SUGGESTIONS??
Saw the SONY. Very nice monitor, but seemed to be 'stretching'
the aspect and I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

Anyone care to make a recommendation from experience? Many thanks.

--
Rich "Doc" Colley

mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 5, 2005 1:46:49 PM

i have about 50 of theses monitors for sale @ $450.00 each FOB Exeter,nh
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 12, 2005 12:04:44 AM

Do you mean that you have (50) of the Sony GDM-FW900 monitors for $450
each?
!