somethin funny to share with u

after riding the train for the first time i noticed a bill board next to the
train station in los santos which mocks True Crime Streets of LA.

It says "Get rid of old rubbish, fast! True Grime: Street cleaners"

just thought I'd share that, thought it was hilarious myself.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
13 answers Last reply
More about somethin funny share

    "Remo Shiva" <is003a7451@REMOVEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > after riding the train for the first time i noticed a bill board next to
    > the
    > train station in los santos which mocks True Crime Streets of LA.
    >
    > It says "Get rid of old rubbish, fast! True Grime: Street cleaners"
    >
    > just thought I'd share that, thought it was hilarious myself.
    >

    > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    > http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    I prefer the "MAX PAYNE : Bulletproof glass" company that was on the window
    that annoying bloody cow tried to rob :p

    In message <zV0te.52488$G8.30171@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
    "Remo Shiva" <is003a7451@REMOVEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > after riding the train for the first time i noticed a bill board next to the
    > train station in los santos which mocks True Crime Streets of LA.

    Check out the secrets FAQ on gamefaqs.com, it features many of the
    billboards that Rockstar have had a pop at with other companies.

    One of my favourites is still the "Zombo-Tech" sign in San Fierro. A
    nod to Resident Evil perhaps?

    Cheers,
    Rob

    My favourite quote so far (this seems as good a thread as any to post
    it). I shunted into a Vagos car and the driver shouted 'Hey this ain't
    no video game, ese'.

    Reminded me of a film I once saw, where video games had progressed to
    the state where you 'jack in' your brain direct to the computer (no,
    not the matrix) and you are then really 'in' the game world. The other
    characters in the game don't realise they are not 'real', until one of
    them drives out into the desert and finds the edge of the virtual
    world. The twist comes when the game designers back in the 'real' world
    do exactly the same thing and realise THEY are also just characters in
    a virtual reality system one level further up. Anyone seen this,
    remember what it's called?

    cheers,
    TWJ

    ah yeh, 13th floor, that's the one. Good film as I remember.

    CJ just puked! I was low on strength so stopped at the Cluckin' Bell
    and had about 5 little meals to fill up. When I got outside there was a
    bust up between Grove St and some Ballas, I got caught up in that and
    lost nearly all my strength again. So back into CB for another 5 little
    meals and.... BBLLLEEEUUUURRRGGGH! This game never ceases to crease me
    up!
    cheers,
    TWJ
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "tonewheel" <tonewheeljackson@gmail.com> wrote

    > Reminded me of a film I once saw, where video games had progressed to
    > the state where you 'jack in' your brain direct to the computer (no,
    > not the matrix) and you are then really 'in' the game world. The other
    > characters in the game don't realise they are not 'real', until one of
    > them drives out into the desert and finds the edge of the virtual
    > world. The twist comes when the game designers back in the 'real' world
    > do exactly the same thing and realise THEY are also just characters in
    > a virtual reality system one level further up. Anyone seen this,
    > remember what it's called?

    "The 13th Floor"

    Marco
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <1119268165.963025.271000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>
    "tonewheel" <tonewheeljackson@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Reminded me of a film I once saw,

    Reminds me lot of the Red Dwarf episode 'Back To Reality'.

    It turns out that they got killed by the despair squid and it's Game
    Over.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:
    > In message <1119268165.963025.271000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>
    > "tonewheel" <tonewheeljackson@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Reminded me of a film I once saw,
    >
    > Reminds me lot of the Red Dwarf episode 'Back To Reality'.
    >
    > It turns out that they got killed by the despair squid and it's Game
    > Over.

    Duane Dibley kicks arse.......

    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    ....why, other guards, of course!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Remo Shiva wrote:
    > after riding the train for the first time i noticed a bill board next
    > to the train station in los santos which mocks True Crime Streets of
    > LA.
    >
    > It says "Get rid of old rubbish, fast! True Grime: Street cleaners"

    One that made me laugh was in GTAVC.......near the airport and billboard of
    Scots Discovery (of the failed Antartic S pole mission)......it read:
    "Come to Dundee.....we have the ship of a loser!"

    Every time I drive past the Discovery (IRL) I always have a
    chuckle............

    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    ....why, other guards, of course!
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    The Despair Squid should really have been called the Suicide Squid, but
    someone had a copyright on the name. They copied the idea from a comic
    book (as they did with a lot of RD humour) but then spoiled it by
    changing the name for legal reasons.

    Phil Hibbs.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White proclaimed...

    > Reminds me lot of the Red Dwarf episode 'Back To Reality'.
    >
    > It turns out that they got killed by the despair squid and it's Game
    > Over.

    That!

    Was a funny episode!

    --
    "Now that there is a damn fine coat you're wearing."
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <1119604095.262547.105100@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>
    snarks@gmail.com wrote:

    > The Despair Squid should really have been called the Suicide Squid, but
    > someone had a copyright on the name. They copied the idea from a comic
    > book (as they did with a lot of RD humour) but then spoiled it by
    > changing the name for legal reasons.

    That name appears in a Robert Rankin novel, although I forget which one.

    Mind you, it also sounds like the elves in 'Lords And Ladies' by Terry
    Pratchett.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    At the end of "That Denang Thang" or whatever it's called, when that guy
    throws you the sabre/katana/whatever to fight him with. I just went Indianna
    Jones on his as, pulled out my shotgun and popped him in the head!

    Couldn't play the game for a couple of minutes after that as I was laughing
    so much ;-)

    --
    Carl Waring
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

    Carl Waring proclaimed...

    > Couldn't play the game for a couple of minutes after that as I was laughing
    > so much ;-)

    Heh

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

Games Video Games