Got a new LG vx6100 anyone else notice this on any phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 3, 2005 7:41:27 AM

Maybe its just me but it seems as though when I talk on this new phone
I get no acustic feedback in the earpiece, I can't hear myself talking.
Seems to me on my previous phones, StarTAC ST7868w and V60c, and even
on my regular land line phone when I talk I can hear the sound of my
own voice in the earpiece so I know how loud I am talking but not so
with this one. Is it me or is there something going on here?

jt

More about : vx6100 notice phone

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 7:04:17 PM

Most cell phones don't let you here yourself. If you do hear yourself
on a cell phone, it's annoying, because there is a delay in cell phones
and you hear this annoying echo of everything you say. But if this
happens (it often does), it's caused by a problem in the tower. Those
other phones may have just had a loopback that let you hear yourself
without the delay, but it may be different to what the other person
hears anyway, because of the delay, and the other person's volume
settings. Land line phones let you hear yourself, because there is no
delay. Were those other phones you had old analog phones? That could
be why you could here yourself. I think analog cell phones are full
duplex. Is that right?
August 3, 2005 11:32:20 PM

"DJ Craig" <spit@djtricities.com> wrote in

> I think analog cell phones are full
> duplex. Is that right?

Yep...They're just FM radios...(c;

--
Larry
August 4, 2005 7:18:14 AM

DJ Craig wrote:
> Most cell phones don't let you here yourself. If you do hear yourself
> on a cell phone, it's annoying, because there is a delay in cell phones
> and you hear this annoying echo of everything you say. But if this
> happens (it often does), it's caused by a problem in the tower. Those
> other phones may have just had a loopback that let you hear yourself
> without the delay,

Yes, this is what I'm talking about.I agree that the echo effect is not
good but what I'm tlaking about is what you call a loop back. I did go
by the Verizon store yesterday and tried a different LG vx6100, same
problem, but tried a Motorola v265 and the loop back was there.

I did have a Sprint Denso touchpoint, one of the original ones, a long
time go. and couldn't hear myself in it but took it in for a software
upgrade and that fixed it.

The StarTAC 7898x and the v60c are both digital phones

jt
!