How to determine whether the motherboard supports AGP

Jonathan

I'm thinking to buy a new video card which requires AGP 4x or 8x
support. However, I'm not sure whether my PC's motherboard supports
AGP. It was bought about 5 years ago and the vender was already out of
business. The CPU is AMD Athlon. Thanks. Jonathan

> Jonathan <yangzj1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking to buy a new video card which requires AGP 4x or 8x
> support. However, I'm not sure whether my PC's motherboard supports
> AGP.

<http://www.ertyu.org/~steven_nikkel/agpcompatibility.html>

Seems to cover it.

i take it u mean the baord u have in ur system atm
goto ur device manager and look at ur system properties
look for an agp port property tag
if it doesnt have 1 then u r out of luck and need to upgrade ur board b4 u
buy the card

device manager is found by right clicking on my computer and it is stuated
in one of the tabs there.
depending on ur operating system which u havent stated.

"hagar" <hagar@notsupplied.com> a écrit dans le message de

> i take it u mean the baord u have in ur system atm
> goto ur device manager and look at ur system properties
> look for an agp port property tag
> if it doesnt have 1 then u r out of luck and need to upgrade ur board
> b4 u buy the card

It isn't in the device manager.

It's much simpler than that. The motherboard support AGP if there is an
AGP port on it. It is a PCI-like brown connector, at the end of the
line of white PCI connectors, and a little misaligned.

--
~~~~ clmasse at free dot F-country
Free technical support at : http://www.protonic.com/