How to determine whether the motherboard supports AGP

I'm thinking to buy a new video card which requires AGP 4x or 8x
support. However, I'm not sure whether my PC's motherboard supports
AGP. It was bought about 5 years ago and the vender was already out of
business. The CPU is AMD Athlon. Thanks. Jonathan
3 answers Last reply
More about determine motherboard supports

    > Jonathan <yangzj1@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I'm thinking to buy a new video card which requires AGP 4x or 8x
    > support. However, I'm not sure whether my PC's motherboard supports
    > AGP.

    <http://www.ertyu.org/~steven_nikkel/agpcompatibility.html>

    Seems to cover it.

    i take it u mean the baord u have in ur system atm
    goto ur device manager and look at ur system properties
    look for an agp port property tag
    if it doesnt have 1 then u r out of luck and need to upgrade ur board b4 u
    buy the card

    device manager is found by right clicking on my computer and it is stuated
    in one of the tabs there.
    depending on ur operating system which u havent stated.

    "Jonathan" <yangzj1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I'm thinking to buy a new video card which requires AGP 4x or 8x
    > support. However, I'm not sure whether my PC's motherboard supports
    > AGP. It was bought about 5 years ago and the vender was already out of
    > business. The CPU is AMD Athlon. Thanks. Jonathan
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    "hagar" <hagar@notsupplied.com> a écrit dans le message de

    > i take it u mean the baord u have in ur system atm
    > goto ur device manager and look at ur system properties
    > look for an agp port property tag
    > if it doesnt have 1 then u r out of luck and need to upgrade ur board
    > b4 u buy the card

    It isn't in the device manager.

    It's much simpler than that. The motherboard support AGP if there is an
    AGP port on it. It is a PCI-like brown connector, at the end of the
    line of white PCI connectors, and a little misaligned.

    --
    ~~~~ clmasse at free dot F-country
    Free technical support at : http://www.protonic.com/

Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics