Is another codec needed to use Media Player 10

I am wondering if another codec is needed if one wishes to use Media
player 10 for DVD play? If so how does one know which one is needed
to do this. Please help.

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:21:24 GMT, J. P. Willis <jopwill@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>I am wondering if another codec is needed if one wishes to use Media
>player 10 for DVD play? If so how does one know which one is needed
>to do this. Please help.

Yes, you need a DVD codec. If you install a software DVD player, a
codec is installed that Media player 10 (or 9 or 8) can use. The
codecs are available separately from Cyberlink and Intervideo if you
don't wish to install those programs, but it's not much of a savings
over buying the full programs.

MCheu

You can mail order PowerDVD 5.0 for $3.99
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/SWW12247.html

"J. P. Willis" <jopwill@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>I am wondering if another codec is needed if one wishes to use Media
> player 10 for DVD play? If so how does one know which one is needed
> to do this. Please help.

Cyberlink PowerDVD 5.0 $3.99 at this link