Is another codec needed to use Media Player 10

I am wondering if another codec is needed if one wishes to use Media
player 10 for DVD play? If so how does one know which one is needed
to do this. Please help.
3 answers Last reply
More about codec needed media player

    On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:21:24 GMT, J. P. Willis <jopwill@ix.netcom.com>
    wrote:

    >I am wondering if another codec is needed if one wishes to use Media
    >player 10 for DVD play? If so how does one know which one is needed
    >to do this. Please help.

    Yes, you need a DVD codec. If you install a software DVD player, a
    codec is installed that Media player 10 (or 9 or 8) can use. The
    codecs are available separately from Cyberlink and Intervideo if you
    don't wish to install those programs, but it's not much of a savings
    over buying the full programs.

    MCheu

    You can mail order PowerDVD 5.0 for $3.99
    http://www.softwareandstuff.com/SWW12247.html

    "J. P. Willis" <jopwill@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >I am wondering if another codec is needed if one wishes to use Media
    > player 10 for DVD play? If so how does one know which one is needed
    > to do this. Please help.

  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    Cyberlink PowerDVD 5.0 $3.99 at this link

    "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:21:24 GMT, J. P. Willis <jopwill@ix.netcom.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am wondering if another codec is needed if one wishes to use Media
    >>player 10 for DVD play? If so how does one know which one is needed
    >>to do this. Please help.
    >
    > Yes, you need a DVD codec. If you install a software DVD player, a
    > codec is installed that Media player 10 (or 9 or 8) can use. The
    > codecs are available separately from Cyberlink and Intervideo if you
    > don't wish to install those programs, but it's not much of a savings
    > over buying the full programs.

    > MCheu

Graphics Cards Hardware Codec Media Player Graphics