Monitor going pink every once in awhile. Is it toast?

Hi all,

I've got an older NEC MultiSync A500 monitor that I'm still using. I
was hoping I'd make it till the Summer before buying a new monitor,
however, today I've noticed a problem starting to happen.

The monitor will get a pinkish tinge to it ever so often. It doesn't
last very long, and the graphics themselves still look fine. Its just
the slight color shift.

What do people think? Is my monitor starting to go?

Robert
4 answers Last reply
More about monitor pink awhile toast

    Robert:
    You may be loosing one of the colors.
    The next time it happens I would try:
    1. Slap the side of the case hard with your open hand.
    If the colors come back properly, you probably have a bad
    solder connection, usually on the CRT neck board.
    2. Try bending the video cable, especially near the end where
    it connects to the computer. If the colors come back, you
    probably have an intermittant break in the video color wires.
    You can purchase a new 15 pin HD connector at Radio Shack and
    solder it to the wires, after cutting about 6" off the cable.
    You might want to download a monitor color test program from the
    web and see if actually one of the colors is missing.
    Hope this helps...
    John

    "John Gill" <jdgill@juno.com> wrote in message
    > You might want to download a monitor color test program from the
    > web and see if actually one of the colors is missing.
    > Hope this helps...
    > John

    Robert,
    There is a very good video test suite available for free. Search for the
    Nokia Monitor Utility.

    Kev
  3. i have a pink screen too and would like to know how to get rid of it.....where do i download it from? thanks
  4. My monitor went strange colours all the time when it was a CTR and had a bad vga cable.. you know, 5 years ago, when this thread was started...

    /facepalm

Graphics Cards Hardware Video Monitors Graphics