ATi r520 gets 8 vertex shader units

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

That is great news.. i was thinking about getting an x800, but it seems that
r520 may be significantly faster than the 800 or 850 in some cases. I can
wait until spring.. my 9700 Pro will continue to kick ass up until then.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

How many pixel shader units?
"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
> (ATi's r420 aka Radeon X800 and nVidia's nv40 aka GeForce 6800 each have 6
> Vertex Shader units)
> R520 apparently has 8!
>

> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20145
>
> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18908
>
> http://66.224.5.66/board/showthread.php?t=33795229
>

> basicly it means more geometry push and lighting power. go ATi !

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati, alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video, comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Yes isn't it amazing? With each passing year they add more shader
units, more pixel units, higher clock rates, etc. So brilliant!!!!

"consumer" <ggroups2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Yes isn't it amazing? With each passing year they add more shader
> units, more pixel units, higher clock rates, etc. So brilliant!!!!

More shader units, more pixel units, higher clock rates! BRILLIANT!

http://www.guinness.com/guinness/en_US/seeing/ads/ad/0,6438,12687267_125880,00.html

TRENDING THREADS