Access with HTTPS to a HTTP server

I got a HTTP server but I would like the user to access via HTTPS to a
gateway server and redirect to HTTP real page.

I saw some solutions.

a) Apache-SSL (or Apache + OpenSSL + mod_ssl). But it is complex to install
and configure in a Microsoft enviroment.

b) OpenSSL + Stunnel. Quite simple... by now it's my first choice.

c) ISA Server 2004. Quite complex... isn't it?

If I like the gateway in Windows which of these three is the best. Few
concurrency... I think 4 concurrent user will be the peak usage.

I saw programs that you install in Windows to do that:

a) at32 You can find it at: www.at32.com/doc/rproxy2.htm

b) Orenosp. You can find it at
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA027031/orenosp/index_en.html but whatever
the reason is imposible to download

Any other program? I'm trying to find a simple program because it is only a
test.

Thank you in advance,
Fidelio
2 answers Last reply
More about access https http server

    Fidelio wrote:

    > I got a HTTP server but I would like the user to access via HTTPS to a
    > gateway server and redirect to HTTP real page.

    Two questions:

    Why? (Why not stay within https if you want security and if you want to
    publish an unsecured page, why bother with https anyway?) I don't
    understand what you are trying to achieve.

    What has this got to do with firewalls?

    --

    ------------------------------------

    Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be
    blacklisted,
    submitted to anti-spam sites and proably burn in hell.

    First your last question. What has this got to do with firewalls? Don't
    know. Nowadays the firewalls integrate proxing services... may be because
    that, but anyway if your concern is reading OT news postings just don't
    answer.

    What I want is to access our DMZ webmail system which is not working on
    HTTPS so I want to do reverse proxy.

    But anyway... don't loss your time answering this.
    Fidelio

    "Mike" <honey@michaelmoyse.co.uk> escribió en el mensaje
    > Fidelio wrote:
    >
    > > I got a HTTP server but I would like the user to access via HTTPS to a
    > > gateway server and redirect to HTTP real page.
    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > Why? (Why not stay within https if you want security and if you want to
    > publish an unsecured page, why bother with https anyway?) I don't
    > understand what you are trying to achieve.
    >
    > What has this got to do with firewalls?
    >
    > --

    > Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be
    > blacklisted,
    > submitted to anti-spam sites and proably burn in hell.

Firewalls Gateway Servers Networking