Physxcudart_20.dll is killing me

rurpline

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
All of a sudden I am getting an error message regarding this physxcudart_20.dll Most of my new games no longer work (such as MOH and BC2) When I attempt to open the games I immediately get a general protection fault message. I reinstalled win 7 which did not help. I reinstalled the games which did not help. I actually found this file on my main drive so I do not understand why it sais I do not have it. I ran a virus scan in safe mode which found nothing. The only odd change I have noticed about this PC is that now when I right click I have a "BITZIP" option which was never there before. Is this something my teenager may have downloaded while loading music? Would it cause these problems?

arges86

Distinguished
i would try doing a repair from the installation disk.
this usually replaces most of not all .dll files (and system files in general)

just boot to the OS disk, and after the language select, click on repair on the bottom left corner of the screen

BITZIP is a P2P torrent client, you may have all sorts of nasties now depending on what was being downloaded.

Stupido

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Indeed it looks like nVidia related driver...
According to the signature of the post I see 6850 as graphics card, so did you change the graphics card in the meantime without re-installing windows/games?

rurpline

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010

I installed that 6850 a week before the problems started.

rurpline

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010

Im willing to bet she was downloading torrents. Do you think doing a fresh reinstall of my OS would clean it up?

rurpline

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
So in the end nobody could give me anything that helped so I just did a full reinstall. Fortunately the problem did not affect my backup drive so I was able to recover all of my files. Everything works great now.