I NEED HELP WITH MY VIDEO ON MY SOYO SY-K7VME!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
December 14, 2004 7:09:35 PM

Hello, I have a soyo motherboard model SY-K7VME. I am having trouble
installing my new video card. There is an onboard video on this
motherboard and i cannot find out how to disable it. It gives no
optoin in device manager. I checked soyo's tech support and i couldnt
find anything. I would really appriciate if someone could help me
disable my onboard video.

Thanks, Joe

More about : video soyo k7vme

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
December 15, 2004 9:52:04 AM

sujoe02 wrote:
> Hello, I have a soyo motherboard model SY-K7VME. I am having trouble
> installing my new video card. There is an onboard video on this
> motherboard and i cannot find out how to disable it. It gives no
> optoin in device manager. I checked soyo's tech support and i couldnt
> find anything. I would really appriciate if someone could help me
> disable my onboard video.
>

> Thanks, Joe
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
December 15, 2004 1:44:48 PM

sujoe02 wrote:
> Hello, I have a soyo motherboard model SY-K7VME. I am having trouble
> installing my new video card. There is an onboard video on this
> motherboard and i cannot find out how to disable it. It gives no
> optoin in device manager. I checked soyo's tech support and i couldnt
> find anything. I would really appriciate if someone could help me
> disable my onboard video.
>

> Thanks, Joe

To disable onboard video on the k7vme get into bios setup by rebooting
and pressing the <DEL> key during POST. go to the pci/plug and play
submenu and change shared memory to none. This will disable the onboard
video chipset. Don't change anything else at this point. Hit the escape
key to get back to the main menu, then press f10 to save settings and
reboot. Your agpcard should be recognised as a new device when you
reenter windows.

FYI This mobo also gave me alot of random locks in HL2 and Tribes
Vengeance with a radeon9800pro card until i set the agp aperture
(another bios setup setting) to the minimum setting (4MB iirc).
Frankly, if it wasn't for the sub-uATX size of the mobo I would have
binned this PITA
!