Decreased game performance after Windows Disk Defragmenter

San Andreas was working pretty smooth before I run the Defrag.

After Defrag the gameplay has become sluggish and jerky and stuttery. I
meet all the game hardware requirements and then some.

I only ran the defrag as a routine system maintenance, and now I regret
running it.

I remember reading in the defrag report that there were 2 big fragments on
my drive, one of them being San Andreas, and I should be expecting decreased
performance when running fragmented files.

Other than buying a new hard drive and reinstalling San Andreas on it, how
can I fix it? I have a 40 gig hard drive, 9.5 gig free, and I freed all the
space I can, there is nothing else that I can afford to uninstall.
2 answers Last reply
More about decreased game performance windows disk defragmenter

    "Beavis" <c@a.com> wrote in message
    > San Andreas was working pretty smooth before I run the Defrag.
    >
    > After Defrag the gameplay has become sluggish and jerky and stuttery. I
    > meet all the game hardware requirements and then some.
    >
    > I only ran the defrag as a routine system maintenance, and now I regret
    > running it.
    >
    > I remember reading in the defrag report that there were 2 big fragments on
    > my drive, one of them being San Andreas, and I should be expecting
    > decreased performance when running fragmented files.
    >
    > Other than buying a new hard drive and reinstalling San Andreas on it, how
    > can I fix it? I have a 40 gig hard drive, 9.5 gig free, and I freed all
    > the space I can, there is nothing else that I can afford to uninstall.

    move your save game files from MY DOCUMENTS and reinstall and see if that
    helps. Remember to move them back after you install.

    "Beavis" <c@a.com> wrote in message
    > San Andreas was working pretty smooth before I run the Defrag.
    >
    > After Defrag the gameplay has become sluggish and jerky and stuttery. I
    > meet all the game hardware requirements and then some.
    >
    > I only ran the defrag as a routine system maintenance, and now I regret
    > running it.
    >
    > I remember reading in the defrag report that there were 2 big fragments on
    > my drive, one of them being San Andreas, and I should be expecting
    > decreased performance when running fragmented files.
    >
    > Other than buying a new hard drive and reinstalling San Andreas on it, how
    > can I fix it? I have a 40 gig hard drive, 9.5 gig free, and I freed all
    > the space I can, there is nothing else that I can afford to uninstall.

    Why don't you uninstall, run the defrag again, then reinstall?

Performance Defragment Games Video Games