  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 5, 2005 6:24:13 AM

OK got a new V710 .. and a new computer with built in Bluetooth. It
was easy to set up voice gateway and dial up networking via Bluetooth.
Now what do I need to be able to keep my phone book on the 'puter and
update it from there. What software do I need and can I do it via
Bluetooth or do I need a cable ?????

TIA
--
Jim

More about : bluetooth

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:01:58 PM

"AJ" <alfieb@att.invalid.net> wrote in message
> OK got a new V710 .. and a new computer with built in Bluetooth. It
> was easy to set up voice gateway and dial up networking via Bluetooth.
> Now what do I need to be able to keep my phone book on the 'puter and
> update it from there. What software do I need and can I do it via
> Bluetooth or do I need a cable ?????

MPT (Motorola Phone Tools) will sync Outlook and Outlook Express to your
phone via a cable. I don't think you can do it via Bluetooth, as Verizon
has crippled the Bluetooth implementation on the V710 and left out OBEX.
Verizon's new Motorola Bluetooth phone, the E815, is also crippled, but OBEX
can be restored with a seem edit. That allows syncing by Bluetooth.

> TIA
> --
> Jim
August 5, 2005 10:00:34 PM

In article <3lhkclF12v0ocU1@individual.net>, ptravel@travelersvideo.com
says...

> "AJ" <alfieb@att.invalid.net> wrote in message
> > OK got a new V710 .. and a new computer with built in Bluetooth. It
> > was easy to set up voice gateway and dial up networking via Bluetooth.
> > Now what do I need to be able to keep my phone book on the 'puter and
> > update it from there. What software do I need and can I do it via
> > Bluetooth or do I need a cable ?????
>
> MPT (Motorola Phone Tools) will sync Outlook and Outlook Express to your
> phone via a cable. I don't think you can do it via Bluetooth, as Verizon
> has crippled the Bluetooth implementation on the V710 and left out OBEX.
> Verizon's new Motorola Bluetooth phone, the E815, is also crippled, but OBEX
> can be restored with a seem edit. That allows syncing by Bluetooth.

I thought that bluetooth allows phonebooks sync on E815 ?
From Verizon website:

*The E815 supports Bluetooth Profiles for wireless headsets, hands-free
accessories. Phonebook/datebook synchronization with optional Motorola
Phone Tools. It does not support all object exchange (OBEX) profiles.
Accessories and Phone Book Tool sold separately

AP
August 5, 2005 10:00:35 PM

"AP" <cat@eveningstar.dyndns.org> wrote in message
> In article <3lhkclF12v0ocU1@individual.net>, ptravel@travelersvideo.com
> says...
> >
> > "AJ" <alfieb@att.invalid.net> wrote in message
> > > OK got a new V710 .. and a new computer with built in Bluetooth.
It
> > > was easy to set up voice gateway and dial up networking via Bluetooth.
> > > Now what do I need to be able to keep my phone book on the 'puter and
> > > update it from there. What software do I need and can I do it via
> > > Bluetooth or do I need a cable ?????
> >
> > MPT (Motorola Phone Tools) will sync Outlook and Outlook Express to your
> > phone via a cable. I don't think you can do it via Bluetooth, as
Verizon
> > has crippled the Bluetooth implementation on the V710 and left out OBEX.
> > Verizon's new Motorola Bluetooth phone, the E815, is also crippled, but
OBEX
> > can be restored with a seem edit. That allows syncing by Bluetooth.
> >

> I thought that bluetooth allows phonebooks sync on E815 ?
> From Verizon website:
>
> *The E815 supports Bluetooth Profiles for wireless headsets, hands-free
> accessories. Phonebook/datebook synchronization with optional Motorola
> Phone Tools. It does not support all object exchange (OBEX) profiles.
> Accessories and Phone Book Tool sold separately

Then it can. I had enabled OBEX before installing MPT, so I wasn't sure
whether it was required for syncing.

> AP
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 10:21:55 PM

"PTravel" <ptravel@travelersvideo.com> wrote:

> I don't think you can do it via Bluetooth, as Verizon
> has crippled the Bluetooth implementation on the V710

You can sync addressbook and calendar on a Mac v. 10.4 Tiger with a v710
via Bluetooth. It just takes a little editing of a Mac text file.

Works like a charm.

m-m
!