Help with Bluetooth

OK got a new V710 .. and a new computer with built in Bluetooth. It
was easy to set up voice gateway and dial up networking via Bluetooth.
Now what do I need to be able to keep my phone book on the 'puter and
update it from there. What software do I need and can I do it via
Bluetooth or do I need a cable ?????

TIA
--
Jim
4 answers Last reply

    "AJ" <alfieb@att.invalid.net> wrote in message
    > OK got a new V710 .. and a new computer with built in Bluetooth. It
    > was easy to set up voice gateway and dial up networking via Bluetooth.
    > Now what do I need to be able to keep my phone book on the 'puter and
    > update it from there. What software do I need and can I do it via
    > Bluetooth or do I need a cable ?????

    MPT (Motorola Phone Tools) will sync Outlook and Outlook Express to your
    phone via a cable. I don't think you can do it via Bluetooth, as Verizon
    has crippled the Bluetooth implementation on the V710 and left out OBEX.
    Verizon's new Motorola Bluetooth phone, the E815, is also crippled, but OBEX
    can be restored with a seem edit. That allows syncing by Bluetooth.

    > TIA
    > --
    > Jim

    In article <3lhkclF12v0ocU1@individual.net>, ptravel@travelersvideo.com
    says...

    > "AJ" <alfieb@att.invalid.net> wrote in message
    > > OK got a new V710 .. and a new computer with built in Bluetooth. It
    > > was easy to set up voice gateway and dial up networking via Bluetooth.
    > > Now what do I need to be able to keep my phone book on the 'puter and
    > > update it from there. What software do I need and can I do it via
    > > Bluetooth or do I need a cable ?????
    >
    > MPT (Motorola Phone Tools) will sync Outlook and Outlook Express to your
    > phone via a cable. I don't think you can do it via Bluetooth, as Verizon
    > has crippled the Bluetooth implementation on the V710 and left out OBEX.
    > Verizon's new Motorola Bluetooth phone, the E815, is also crippled, but OBEX
    > can be restored with a seem edit. That allows syncing by Bluetooth.

    I thought that bluetooth allows phonebooks sync on E815 ?
    From Verizon website:

    *The E815 supports Bluetooth Profiles for wireless headsets, hands-free
    accessories. Phonebook/datebook synchronization with optional Motorola
    Phone Tools. It does not support all object exchange (OBEX) profiles.
    Accessories and Phone Book Tool sold separately

    AP

    "AP" <cat@eveningstar.dyndns.org> wrote in message
    > In article <3lhkclF12v0ocU1@individual.net>, ptravel@travelersvideo.com
    > says...
    > >
    > > "AJ" <alfieb@att.invalid.net> wrote in message
    > > > OK got a new V710 .. and a new computer with built in Bluetooth.
    It
    > > > was easy to set up voice gateway and dial up networking via Bluetooth.
    > > > Now what do I need to be able to keep my phone book on the 'puter and
    > > > update it from there. What software do I need and can I do it via
    > > > Bluetooth or do I need a cable ?????
    > >
    > > MPT (Motorola Phone Tools) will sync Outlook and Outlook Express to your
    > > phone via a cable. I don't think you can do it via Bluetooth, as
    Verizon
    > > has crippled the Bluetooth implementation on the V710 and left out OBEX.
    > > Verizon's new Motorola Bluetooth phone, the E815, is also crippled, but
    OBEX
    > > can be restored with a seem edit. That allows syncing by Bluetooth.
    > >

    > I thought that bluetooth allows phonebooks sync on E815 ?
    > From Verizon website:
    >
    > *The E815 supports Bluetooth Profiles for wireless headsets, hands-free
    > accessories. Phonebook/datebook synchronization with optional Motorola
    > Phone Tools. It does not support all object exchange (OBEX) profiles.
    > Accessories and Phone Book Tool sold separately

    Then it can. I had enabled OBEX before installing MPT, so I wasn't sure
    whether it was required for syncing.

    "PTravel" <ptravel@travelersvideo.com> wrote:

    > I don't think you can do it via Bluetooth, as Verizon
    > has crippled the Bluetooth implementation on the V710

    You can sync addressbook and calendar on a Mac v. 10.4 Tiger with a v710
    via Bluetooth. It just takes a little editing of a Mac text file.

    Works like a charm.

    m-m

Verizon Dial Up Connection Bluetooth Internet Service Providers