question about "domestic" txt messages

On the Verizon my account website and checking usage with #DATA, it
refers to "domestic" text messages. Does this mean these are just
messages IN the Verizon network?

Will txt messages to/from outsite networks show up differently?

Thanks,
Tim C.

No messages sent ouside the network WILL not show up differently.

Any messages sent to people in Canada, U.S.A., Mexico or Puerto Rico will
show up under that domestic category. Any messages sent to other countries
will be listed as international and you will be charged $0.25 per message
regardless of any TXT package you might have.

-julie

"fs63" <fs63@volcanomail.com> wrote in message
> On the Verizon my account website and checking usage with #DATA, it
> refers to "domestic" text messages. Does this mean these are just
> messages IN the Verizon network?
>
> Will txt messages to/from outsite networks show up differently?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim C.

Julie and Esmail,

Thanks for the reply. I wish there was a way to see how many IN
messages you had an how many off network messages.... :-(

fs63 wrote:
> On the Verizon my account website and checking usage with #DATA, it
> refers to "domestic" text messages. Does this mean these are just
> messages IN the Verizon network?

these refer to text messages w/i the US regardless of in or out of
network.

when i send or receive text messages from say Germany, they show up
as international.

hope that helps,

esmail

fs63 wrote:
> Julie and Esmail,

glad to help.

> Thanks for the reply. I wish there was a way to see how many IN
> messages you had an how many off network messages.... :-(

Hmm .. I don't think that's possible for us users, but the cost
is the same. I send txt messages to a friend on the Sprint network
all the time.

I didn't know that "messages sent to people in Canada, U.S.A.,
Mexico or Puerto Rico will show up under that domestic category.",
that's useful to know - thanks Julie.

just to add to Julie's info, sending international txt messages
is 25c, but receiving an international txt message is only 2cents.

cheers,

Esmail

> I wish there was a way to see how many IN
> messages you had an how many off network messages....

ah .. I now see what you mean, if you have signed up with
VZ new deal regarding pix and txt messaging, there is indeed
a difference between IN and out of network. sorry, didn't
mean to confuse anyone :)

Actually, it's working this evening in the CLT market. It looks like
there are a few bugs to be worked out, but I got two text messages, one
with "IN" messages sent and received, and one with "OTHER" messages (on
#DATA).

I also got two text messages on my Family Share plan (#646). One with
my phone's totals and another with the whole plan's totals.

TRENDING THREADS