question about "domestic" txt messages

On the Verizon my account website and checking usage with #DATA, it
refers to "domestic" text messages. Does this mean these are just
messages IN the Verizon network?

Will txt messages to/from outsite networks show up differently?

Thanks,
Tim C.
8 answers Last reply
More about question domestic messages

    No messages sent ouside the network WILL not show up differently.

    Any messages sent to people in Canada, U.S.A., Mexico or Puerto Rico will
    show up under that domestic category. Any messages sent to other countries
    will be listed as international and you will be charged $0.25 per message
    regardless of any TXT package you might have.

    -julie

    "fs63" <fs63@volcanomail.com> wrote in message
    > On the Verizon my account website and checking usage with #DATA, it
    > refers to "domestic" text messages. Does this mean these are just
    > messages IN the Verizon network?
    >
    > Will txt messages to/from outsite networks show up differently?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tim C.

    Julie and Esmail,

    Thanks for the reply. I wish there was a way to see how many IN
    messages you had an how many off network messages.... :-(

    A VZW rep told me that function was in the works.

    fs63 wrote:
    > On the Verizon my account website and checking usage with #DATA, it
    > refers to "domestic" text messages. Does this mean these are just
    > messages IN the Verizon network?

    these refer to text messages w/i the US regardless of in or out of
    network.

    when i send or receive text messages from say Germany, they show up
    as international.

    hope that helps,

    esmail

    fs63 wrote:
    > Julie and Esmail,

    glad to help.

    > Thanks for the reply. I wish there was a way to see how many IN
    > messages you had an how many off network messages.... :-(

    Hmm .. I don't think that's possible for us users, but the cost
    is the same. I send txt messages to a friend on the Sprint network
    all the time.

    I didn't know that "messages sent to people in Canada, U.S.A.,
    Mexico or Puerto Rico will show up under that domestic category.",
    that's useful to know - thanks Julie.

    just to add to Julie's info, sending international txt messages
    is 25c, but receiving an international txt message is only 2cents.

    cheers,

    Esmail

    > I wish there was a way to see how many IN
    > messages you had an how many off network messages....

    ah .. I now see what you mean, if you have signed up with
    VZ new deal regarding pix and txt messaging, there is indeed
    a difference between IN and out of network. sorry, didn't
    mean to confuse anyone :-)

    that would be a good enhancement.

    thanks.

    Actually, it's working this evening in the CLT market. It looks like
    there are a few bugs to be worked out, but I got two text messages, one
    with "IN" messages sent and received, and one with "OTHER" messages (on
    #DATA).

    I also got two text messages on my Family Share plan (#646). One with
    my phone's totals and another with the whole plan's totals.

Verizon Tim Internet Service Providers