dump question about video rendering CPU vs GPU

I'm starting to look around, planning on buying a new system in the next few
months. One new task I'll have is some video editing and rendering using
Adobe Premiere. I can't afford the best of what is out there, so if I have
to choose, should I put money towards a better CPU (or even a low-end dual
processor), or toward a better GPU? What should I look for, to determine if
the GPU will actually assist when rendering video?

Many thanks,
Keith
1 answer Last reply
More about dump question video rendering

    K Ruck wrote:
    >.. I can't afford the best of what is out there, so if I have
    > to choose, should I put money towards a better CPU (or even a low-end dual
    > processor), or toward a better GPU? What should I look for, to determine if
    > the GPU will actually assist when rendering video?

    it won't, the cpu and in some cases multiple cpus will assist. i'm not
    sure how well premiere is optimized for dualies. you need lots of ram
    for video editing.

Graphics Cards Rendering Video GPUs Graphics