GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P

I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.

When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
NVidia card.

On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".

Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
next?

Thanks,

Larry
1 answer Last reply
More about geforce 5200 sony hs94p

    With the help of a friend I did the following:

    Took the Sony monitor and DVI cable to his house. Hooked it up to a
    computer that has DVI working. The monitor worked fine with his cable
    and with my cable. So it appears to be something with the graphics
    card. I don;t see anyway to disable the dvi port on the graphics card
    and conversely no way to enable it.

    Larry

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:10:57 GMT, nospam@nospam.com wrote:

    >GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
    >
    >I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX
    >5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog
    >connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector.
    >
    >When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor
    >recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is
    >no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the
    >NVidia card.
    >
    >On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system
    >reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance
    >of "DSPLAY/SNY1B90/(lots of characters here)".
    >
    >Any ideas why DVI is not functional or what I should be looking at
    >next?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Larry

Graphics Cards Sony Monitors Geforce Graphics