Recruiting gang members - San Andreas PC

How to I relieve gang members from duty once they joined me?

I don't want their death on my stats, or lose any respect. Sometimes I
find a guy who wields a bigger gun and I want him to fill in for one of my
empty handed friends.
10 answers Last reply
More about recruiting gang members andreas

    yeh I'd like to know this too. I've seen the description for PS2
    gamepads, but I haven't discovered the PC keypress required (if indeed
    it exists). I just get embarassed with them all hanging around saying
    'what we doin' CJ'.

    TWJ

    Thanks for the replies, guys. I know the game reveals control keys to
    you as you do the early missions, but to be honest there is so much new
    stuff going on they can easily get forgotten. The manual has one-line
    descriptions for the G and H keys and the one for H simply says 'group
    control back'. It doesn't say anything about holding the key down. I
    was expecting there to be a single keypress then you get a response
    from CJ plus the 'gang strength' bar which is what happens when you use
    G to pick up gang members.

    While we're on the subject, the gang members are not exactly the
    sharpest tools in the box. They seem to be able to climb up and over
    objects when they want but if CJ jumps over a small wall or obstacle
    they often get left bewildered on the other side.

    cheers,
    TWJ

    I only use my guys for decoys, anyway. Decoys don't need to be smart, they
    just need to take divert the hostile fire from me if I get into a jam. And
    I drive them myself to the right spot, so they don't get stuck into some
    deadend.

    > yeh I'd like to know this too. I've seen the description for PS2
    > gamepads, but I haven't discovered the PC keypress required (if indeed
    > it exists). I just get embarassed with them all hanging around saying
    > 'what we doin' CJ'.
    >
    > TWJ

    I'm not trying to be a smart ass here or anything, but didn't the PC version
    come with a manual? All I seem to read are posts about control questions...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:35:53 GMT, "Buckaroo Banzai"
    <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >"tonewheel" <tonewheeljackson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> yeh I'd like to know this too. I've seen the description for PS2
    >> gamepads, but I haven't discovered the PC keypress required (if indeed
    >> it exists). I just get embarassed with them all hanging around saying
    >> 'what we doin' CJ'.
    >>
    >> TWJ
    >>

    >I'm not trying to be a smart ass here or anything, but didn't the PC version
    >come with a manual? All I seem to read are posts about control questions...

    The manual is missing probably 50% of the required key mappings. It's
    long but not much in it. Mostly descriptions of the stores, bars, and
    sports venues.

    Steve
    --
    www.thepaxamsolution.com
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Beavis" <c@a.com> wrote in message
    > How to I relieve gang members from duty once they joined me?
    >
    > I don't want their death on my stats, or lose any respect. Sometimes I
    > find a guy who wields a bigger gun and I want him to fill in for one of my
    > empty handed friends.

    Type H and then run off and they are relieved. Once they get out of range,
    they are relieved from their allegiance to you.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "tonewheel" <tonewheeljackson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> yeh I'd like to know this too. I've seen the description for PS2
    >> gamepads, but I haven't discovered the PC keypress required (if indeed
    >> it exists). I just get embarassed with them all hanging around saying
    >> 'what we doin' CJ'.
    >>
    >> TWJ
    >>

    > I'm not trying to be a smart ass here or anything, but didn't the PC
    > version come with a manual? All I seem to read are posts about control
    > questions...

    Ther manual is very poor in control content. It's the best packaging I have
    ever seen, a real hardbound book that doubles as the DVD case, great job in
    packaging, poor job in putting content in the book.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:46:17 GMT, "Jebus Saves"
    <GeorgeWBush@drunkdrivingcokeheadedAWOLcowards.com> opined in
    alt.games.grand-theft-auto:

    >Type H and then run off and they are relieved. Once they get out of range,
    >they are relieved from their allegiance to you.

    Hold down H and they disperse, as the game tells you (but holding down
    G doesn't work, so the game is wrong there).
    --
    http://www.sierro.co.uk

    Random Witterings
    http://www.sierro.co.uk/blog/
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Jebus Saves" <GeorgeWBush@drunkdrivingcokeheadedAWOLcowards.com> wrote in
    message news:EqCte.1232$yg4.944@news01.roc.ny...
    > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "tonewheel" <tonewheeljackson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> yeh I'd like to know this too. I've seen the description for PS2
    >>> gamepads, but I haven't discovered the PC keypress required (if indeed
    >>> it exists). I just get embarassed with them all hanging around saying
    >>> 'what we doin' CJ'.
    >>>
    >>> TWJ
    >>>

    >> I'm not trying to be a smart ass here or anything, but didn't the PC
    >> version come with a manual? All I seem to read are posts about control
    >> questions...
    >>

    > Ther manual is very poor in control content. It's the best packaging I
    > have ever seen, a real hardbound book that doubles as the DVD case, great
    > job in packaging, poor job in putting content in the book.
    When I ordered the game from Play.com, the "manual" was described as a
    "novella". I was expecting some sort of book with a background story in it.
    You know, a story about CJ's time in Liberty City or something like that.

    When I saw the manual it had a certain wow factor, it is indeed a properly
    bound hardback book. Inside it has loads of pages with tourist information
    about San Andreas, and about three pages with "how to play the game"
    information. Those pages are tucked in amongst the other stuff, so it's not
    easy to look up the controls that you need at any given time.

    This game seems to have more different controls for different things than
    any other I've seen. I'm getting the hang of it all now, but the learning
    curve is slightly steep at the beginning.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Beavis proclaimed...

    > I only use my guys for decoys, anyway. Decoys don't need to be smart, they
    > just need to take divert the hostile fire from me if I get into a jam. And
    > I drive them myself to the right spot, so they don't get stuck into some
    > deadend.

    That's what I do. When taking an enemy hood I tell them to stay put so I
    know that if the enemy come from one direction the posse will hold them
    long enough for me to take them out from one direction leaving me free
    to come help them on the other side. I don't drive them anywhere by car,
    can only take three, so I usually just pick them up on the border to the
    hostile turf and use them then.

    --
    "Now that there is a damn fine coat you're wearing."

Games Video Games