Solo 2300 Hard Drive

My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace it. Am
I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to do
anything special?

Thanks,
Marilyn
6 answers Last reply
More about solo 2300 hard drive

    If a 10G will work, chances are a 20 will as well - and probably a 30 or 40.
    Beyond that you may run into trouble.

    What OS are you running?

    "Jeff & Michele Kuntz" <alicat@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace it.
    Am
    > I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to do
    > anything special?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Marilyn

    Thanks for the reply, Win98. Marilyn

    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > If a 10G will work, chances are a 20 will as well - and probably a 30 or
    40.
    > Beyond that you may run into trouble.
    >
    > What OS are you running?
    >

    > "Jeff & Michele Kuntz" <alicat@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace it.
    > Am
    > > I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to do
    > > anything special?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Marilyn

    Your answer here:
    http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/SHARED/CHSCBK057AAWWfaq4.shtml

    HipPiE

    "AMK" <amkuntz@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply, Win98. Marilyn
    >
    > "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >> If a 10G will work, chances are a 20 will as well - and probably a 30 or
    > 40.
    >> Beyond that you may run into trouble.
    >>
    >> What OS are you running?
    >>

    >> "Jeff & Michele Kuntz" <alicat@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> > My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace
    >> > it.
    >> Am
    >> > I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to
    >> > do
    >> > anything special?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Marilyn

    I had originally gone to that site, but I was unsure whether that chart
    meant 10G was the largest size I could install, or that it was the largest
    'Gateway supported' drive. I was just wondering if I had to do something
    extra if I wanted to install a 20 or 30G drive.
    Marilyn

    "HipPiE" <no_way@whoknows.TV> wrote in message
    > Your answer here:
    > http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/SHARED/CHSCBK057AAWWfaq4.shtml
    >
    > HipPiE
    >

    > "AMK" <amkuntz@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for the reply, Win98. Marilyn
    > >
    > > "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > >> If a 10G will work, chances are a 20 will as well - and probably a 30
    or
    > > 40.
    > >> Beyond that you may run into trouble.
    > >>
    > >> What OS are you running?
    > >>

    > >> "Jeff & Michele Kuntz" <alicat@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > >> Am

    Very Interesting, I also have a SOLO2300, and am looking to upgrade my hdd.
    Was wondering if 10g is the most the Laptop can handle and it uses a
    Hitachi hdd now, but will any 2.5" laptop hdd work, or a universal one
    (like WD,Seagate,etc...)?

    Thanks,
    Chew
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    Very Interesting, I also have a SOLO2300, and am looking to upgrade my hdd.
    Was wondering if 10g is the most the Laptop can handle and it uses a
    Hitachi hdd now, but will any 2.5" laptop hdd work, or a universal one
    (like WD,Seagate,etc...)?

    Thanks,
    Chew

Gateway Hard Drives Computers