Is 2005 the year of the OLED?

I read a Samsung press release that stated they will commence mass
production of OLEDs this year. Would anyone like to speculate whether
they will cost $$$ because of just being newly introduced, or will they
be less expensive than equivalent LCDs? I'd like to buy a new LCD
monitor to replace my antique 9-year old shadow mask CRT (whilst
keeping my Trinitron as a second monitor). Should I just go buy the
LCD or wait for OLED?
1 answer Last reply
More about 2005 year oled

    <linus_das@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I read a Samsung press release that stated they will commence mass
    > production of OLEDs this year. Would anyone like to speculate whether
    > they will cost $$$ because of just being newly introduced, or will they
    > be less expensive than equivalent LCDs? I'd like to buy a new LCD
    > monitor to replace my antique 9-year old shadow mask CRT (whilst
    > keeping my Trinitron as a second monitor). Should I just go buy the
    > LCD or wait for OLED?

    Do not wait for OLED - if they do show up in the market it will not be
    in desktop PC monitors but other, smaller size and format applications.

    NGA

Graphics Cards Graphics