Is 2005 the year of the OLED?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2005 12:17:15 AM

I read a Samsung press release that stated they will commence mass
production of OLEDs this year. Would anyone like to speculate whether
they will cost $$$ because of just being newly introduced, or will they
be less expensive than equivalent LCDs? I'd like to buy a new LCD
monitor to replace my antique 9-year old shadow mask CRT (whilst
keeping my Trinitron as a second monitor). Should I just go buy the
LCD or wait for OLED?

More about : 2005 year oled

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2005 5:22:46 PM

<linus_das@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> I read a Samsung press release that stated they will commence mass
> production of OLEDs this year. Would anyone like to speculate whether
> they will cost $$$ because of just being newly introduced, or will they
> be less expensive than equivalent LCDs? I'd like to buy a new LCD
> monitor to replace my antique 9-year old shadow mask CRT (whilst
> keeping my Trinitron as a second monitor). Should I just go buy the
> LCD or wait for OLED?

Do not wait for OLED - if they do show up in the market it will not be
in desktop PC monitors but other, smaller size and format applications.

NGA
!