Robbing houses?

jasper

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003

Hi,

While trying to discover as many (new) features in SA as possible, I'd
like to go robbing houses. I have done the missions for Ryder already
(robbing the snoring man's house). I have borrowed such a box-thingy car
(can't remember the name...), but around midnight, I can't see a house
with a yellow arrow at the door.

Once I saw one, but that was while I was on a mission :(
Where do I have to look?

And another question: when I had 'activated' Cesar as a contact point
(jumping on the music in a lowrider car), there was a guy standing
around the corner over there, with a red mission marker in front of him.
I was just about checking out what it could be, when some morron driver
created panic, and the guy ran away. When reloading the game, after the
mission, he wasn't there anymore. Anyone encountered this too?

Jasper.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:11:28 +0200, jasper
<jasper-dot-devries-@-hccnet-dot-nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>While trying to discover as many (new) features in SA as possible, I'd
>like to go robbing houses. I have done the missions for Ryder already
>(robbing the snoring man's house). I have borrowed such a box-thingy car
>(can't remember the name...), but around midnight, I can't see a house
>with a yellow arrow at the door.
>
>Once I saw one, but that was while I was on a mission :(
>Where do I have to look?

Are you sure you have activated the burglar missions, if i remember
right you have to start them like the taxi missions, you should be
able to find houses fairly easy.

>And another question: when I had 'activated' Cesar as a contact point
>(jumping on the music in a lowrider car), there was a guy standing
>around the corner over there, with a red mission marker in front of him.
>I was just about checking out what it could be, when some morron driver
>created panic, and the guy ran away. When reloading the game, after the
>mission, he wasn't there anymore. Anyone encountered this too?
>
>Jasper.

He is only there at certain times i think, probably at night.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:11:28 +0200, jasper
<jasper-dot-devries-@-hccnet-dot-nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>While trying to discover as many (new) features in SA as possible, I'd
>like to go robbing houses. I have done the missions for Ryder already
>(robbing the snoring man's house). I have borrowed such a box-thingy car
>(can't remember the name...), but around midnight, I can't see a house
>with a yellow arrow at the door.
>
>Once I saw one, but that was while I was on a mission :(
>Where do I have to look?

I've found them up in the hills above Vineland. Look for large, rich
houses.

>And another question: when I had 'activated' Cesar as a contact point
>(jumping on the music in a lowrider car), there was a guy standing
>around the corner over there, with a red mission marker in front of him.
>I was just about checking out what it could be, when some morron driver
>created panic, and the guy ran away. When reloading the game, after the
>mission, he wasn't there anymore. Anyone encountered this too?

He's the mechanic who runs the low-rider garage. He tells you where
the next race is going to be. I don't know what triggers him standing
there. I['ve seen him, then not seen him. I haven't won the first race
yet (lost my low-rider to pink slip bet), so that might be what the
difference is. When I had a L-R in CJ's garage I think he was there
when I drove past going somewhere.

Steve
--
www.thepaxamsolution.com

jasper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While trying to discover as many (new) features in SA as possible, I'd
> like to go robbing houses. I have done the missions for Ryder already
> (robbing the snoring man's house). I have borrowed such a box-thingy car
> (can't remember the name...), but around midnight, I can't see a house
> with a yellow arrow at the door.
>
> Once I saw one, but that was while I was on a mission :(
> Where do I have to look?

Okay, I think it has to be a certain van, not just ANY boxthingy, it's
black for a start. The nearest to CJ's house if you remember where you
went just before you killed the dealer near the start (cleaning the
hood)? you leave the safe houses, turn left, go through that small
alley, turn right, walk along a little way until you see some kind of
small apartment blocks set back to the left side of the road behind a
fence, Gamefaqs describes it as being straight across from the gym but
it I think it's more in the middle of the blocks. The van parks in the
gap between two of the rows of apartments and it has to be after 8 in
the evening, I think, before you can do the mission. Those particular
houses can be robbed, like one in every two or something will have
yellow triangles, so will some of the local houses, but watch out for
walking into a room and finding four heavily armed gangstas :O)

> And another question: when I had 'activated' Cesar as a contact point
> (jumping on the music in a lowrider car), there was a guy standing
> around the corner over there, with a red mission marker in front of him.
> I was just about checking out what it could be, when some morron driver
> created panic, and the guy ran away. When reloading the game, after the
> mission, he wasn't there anymore. Anyone encountered this too?
>
> Jasper.

I think you have to be sitting in a low rider as you drive into the
area as the contest is open to low riders
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

In message <42b6dc8e$0$765$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl>
jasper <jasper-dot-devries-@-hccnet-dot-nl> wrote:

> Anyone encountered this too?

He does reappear, just enter and leave the area a few times.

I'm pretty sure he as one of the side mission triggers, but for the
life of me I can't remember which one. Could be the lowrider challenge
I expect.

Cheers,
Rob