pushing out a *228 HELP!!

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 5, 2005 10:45:31 PM

Is there anyway Verizon can push out a *228 option 1 to a phone?

What I did was this....my dad is in Florida and I needed his phone calls to
come to me and I changed his ESN to goto my phone number. I then changed
his phone number to my ESN.

I can get his calls fine no problem....the thing is He can not receive
calls. I have even changed everything back to the way it was and nothing
still cant get through, it rings a couple times and goes to VM.

Anything verizon could do?

More about : pushing 228

August 5, 2005 10:45:32 PM

Jason wrote:
> Is there anyway Verizon can push out a *228 option 1 to a phone?
>
> What I did was this....my dad is in Florida and I needed his phone calls to
> come to me and I changed his ESN to goto my phone number. I then changed
> his phone number to my ESN.
>
> I can get his calls fine no problem....the thing is He can not receive
> calls. I have even changed everything back to the way it was and nothing
> still cant get through, it rings a couple times and goes to VM.

Did you wait a while and retry calling after you changed it back?
Sometimes it takes a while for things to propagate. I would also try
turning the phone off for a while and reprogram the phone.

> Anything verizon could do?

August 5, 2005 11:39:14 PM

"George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Jason wrote:
>> Is there anyway Verizon can push out a *228 option 1 to a phone?
>>
>> What I did was this....my dad is in Florida and I needed his phone calls
>> to come to me and I changed his ESN to goto my phone number. I then
>> changed his phone number to my ESN.
>>
>> I can get his calls fine no problem....the thing is He can not receive
>> calls. I have even changed everything back to the way it was and nothing
>> still cant get through, it rings a couple times and goes to VM.
>

> Did you wait a while and retry calling after you changed it back?
> Sometimes it takes a while for things to propagate. I would also try
> turning the phone off for a while and reprogram the phone.
>

>> Anything verizon could do?

When I moved his number to a phone here I did a *228. then I moved
everything back, waited 20 to 30 minutes and nothing. Then he called me
once and ever since then it goes right through and is working.
Related resources
August 5, 2005 11:44:17 PM

"Jason" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message news:CfPIe.35$f.30@trndny09...
> "George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Jason wrote:
>>> Is there anyway Verizon can push out a *228 option 1 to a phone?
>>>
>>> What I did was this....my dad is in Florida and I needed his phone calls
>>> to come to me and I changed his ESN to goto my phone number. I then
>>> changed his phone number to my ESN.
>>>
>>> I can get his calls fine no problem....the thing is He can not receive
>>> calls. I have even changed everything back to the way it was and
>>> nothing still cant get through, it rings a couple times and goes to VM.
>>

>> Did you wait a while and retry calling after you changed it back?
>> Sometimes it takes a while for things to propagate. I would also try
>> turning the phone off for a while and reprogram the phone.
>>

>>> Anything verizon could do?
>>>

> When I moved his number to a phone here I did a *228. then I moved
> everything back, waited 20 to 30 minutes and nothing. Then he called me
> once and ever since then it goes right through and is working.

So now I am thinking if I would have switched the numbers and waited til he
made a call if it would have also worked. I guess the network just needed
to catch up and see where that ESN was. i dunno.
August 6, 2005 12:12:06 AM

In article <67idneve6clzJG7fRVn-rQ@adelphia.com>, george@nospam.invalid
says...
> Jason wrote:
> > Is there anyway Verizon can push out a *228 option 1 to a phone?
> >
> > What I did was this....my dad is in Florida and I needed his phone calls to
> > come to me and I changed his ESN to goto my phone number. I then changed
> > his phone number to my ESN.
> >
> > I can get his calls fine no problem....the thing is He can not receive
> > calls. I have even changed everything back to the way it was and nothing
> > still cant get through, it rings a couple times and goes to VM.
>

> Did you wait a while and retry calling after you changed it back?
> Sometimes it takes a while for things to propagate. I would also try
> turning the phone off for a while and reprogram the phone.

What I learned when I was swapping phones between two account was that
you have to change phones on both account and AFTER swapping you have to
do *228 and than 1.

AP
August 6, 2005 5:12:54 AM

"AP" <cat@eveningstar.dyndns.org> wrote in message
> In article <67idneve6clzJG7fRVn-rQ@adelphia.com>, george@nospam.invalid
> says...
>> Jason wrote:
>> > Is there anyway Verizon can push out a *228 option 1 to a phone?
>> >
>> > What I did was this....my dad is in Florida and I needed his phone
>> > calls to
>> > come to me and I changed his ESN to goto my phone number. I then
>> > changed
>> > his phone number to my ESN.
>> >
>> > I can get his calls fine no problem....the thing is He can not receive
>> > calls. I have even changed everything back to the way it was and
>> > nothing
>> > still cant get through, it rings a couple times and goes to VM.
>>

>> Did you wait a while and retry calling after you changed it back?
>> Sometimes it takes a while for things to propagate. I would also try
>> turning the phone off for a while and reprogram the phone.
>

> What I learned when I was swapping phones between two account was that
> you have to change phones on both account and AFTER swapping you have to
> do *228 and than 1.
>

> AP

All of our phones are on Family Share plan.
August 6, 2005 9:39:43 AM

Jason wrote:

> "AP" <cat@eveningstar.dyndns.org> wrote in message
> > In article <67idneve6clzJG7fRVn-rQ@adelphia.com>, george@nospam.invalid
> > says...

> >> Did you wait a while and retry calling after you changed it back?
> >> Sometimes it takes a while for things to propagate. I would also try
> >> turning the phone off for a while and reprogram the phone.
> >

> > What I learned when I was swapping phones between two account was that
> > you have to change phones on both account and AFTER swapping you have to
> > do *228 and than 1.
> >

> > AP
>
> All of our phones are on Family Share plan.

That is for billing and has nothing to do with operation.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:32:29 AM

on certain models of phones, this is required. after you do the ESN change
through cust. svc. or online, turn the handset PREVIOUSLY used completely
OFF. even after the ESN is switched, the old phone will still receive
text messages and voicemail notifications on certain models UNLESS IT IS
TURNED OFF.

thnx,
-X
!