SAR ratings

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 5, 2005 7:25:04 PM

Cnet just put out an article with SAR ratings for phones.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602-5020355-1.html?tag=nl...
Note list on left side of page or at bottom.

My V265 is right up there with a SAR of 1.55. I am not a heavy user,
but I am not happy. Does anyone know if VZ will respond if I complain.
Got phone last fall.

Lou

More about : sar ratings

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 11:55:08 PM

Lou@GoForIt.net wrote:
>Cnet just put out an article with SAR ratings for phones.
>http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602-5020355-1.html?tag=nl...
>Note list on left side of page or at bottom.
>
>My V265 is right up there with a SAR of 1.55. I am not
>a heavy user, but I am not happy. Does anyone know if VZ
>will respond if I complain. Got phone last fall.

Why does the Treo 650 CDMA have a SAR rating of 1.5 W/kg
for analog (and 1.33 W/kg for digital) whereas the GSM
version only has a rating for digital ?
August 6, 2005 12:01:51 AM

It's because GSM is digital only. There is no analog.

"Treo Leo" <treoleo@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Lou@GoForIt.net wrote:
>>Cnet just put out an article with SAR ratings for phones.
>>http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602-5020355-1.html?tag=nl...
>>Note list on left side of page or at bottom.
>>
>>My V265 is right up there with a SAR of 1.55. I am not
>>a heavy user, but I am not happy. Does anyone know if VZ
>>will respond if I complain. Got phone last fall.
>
> Why does the Treo 650 CDMA have a SAR rating of 1.5 W/kg
> for analog (and 1.33 W/kg for digital) whereas the GSM
> version only has a rating for digital ?

Related resources
August 6, 2005 9:37:22 AM

Julie Ruin wrote:

Yes, I read the article in full.
My question was not about the effects, it was about what VZ will do?
Do you have personal experience or is your reply just an opinion??

Lou

> Yeah, I know what VZW will say.
>
> They will tell you to fxxx off. =0)
>
> And this is why: "there is not conclusive or demonstrated evidence that they
> (SARS) cause adverse health affects in humans."
>
> did you read the article you provided the URL to?
>
> -julie
>
> <Lou@GoForIt.net> wrote in message news:42F3BD10.E9088965@optonline.net...
> > Cnet just put out an article with SAR ratings for phones.
> > http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602-5020355-1.html?tag=nl...
> > Note list on left side of page or at bottom.
> >
> > My V265 is right up there with a SAR of 1.55. I am not a heavy user,
> > but I am not happy. Does anyone know if VZ will respond if I complain.
> > Got phone last fall.
> >
> > Lou

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:35:42 PM

I didn't know my Treo 650 CDMA has analog mode :-)

"Michael" <mpmorgan(no spam)@adelphia.net> wrote:
>It's because GSM is digital only. There is no analog.
>
>"Treo Leo" <treoleo@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Lou@GoForIt.net wrote:
>>>Cnet just put out an article with SAR ratings for phones.
>>>http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602-5020355-1.html?tag=nl...
>>>Note list on left side of page or at bottom.
>>>
>>>My V265 is right up there with a SAR of 1.55. I am not
>>>a heavy user, but I am not happy. Does anyone know if VZ
>>>will respond if I complain. Got phone last fall.
>>
>> Why does the Treo 650 CDMA have a SAR rating of 1.5 W/kg
>> for analog (and 1.33 W/kg for digital) whereas the GSM
>> version only has a rating for digital ?

August 6, 2005 4:03:57 PM

CDMA is not GSM.

> I didn't know my Treo 650 CDMA has analog mode :-)
>
> "Michael" <mpmorgan(no spam)@adelphia.net> wrote:
>>It's because GSM is digital only. There is no analog.

>>> Why does the Treo 650 CDMA have a SAR rating of 1.5 W/kg
>>> for analog (and 1.33 W/kg for digital) whereas the GSM
>>> version only has a rating for digital ?

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 6:41:42 PM

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:25:04 -0400, Lou@GoForIt.net wrote:

>Cnet just put out an article with SAR ratings for phones.
>http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602-5020355-1.html?tag=nl...
>Note list on left side of page or at bottom.
>
>My V265 is right up there with a SAR of 1.55. I am not a heavy user,
>but I am not happy. Does anyone know if VZ will respond if I complain.
>Got phone last fall.

Motorola's tend to have the highest SAR ratings. However, they tend to
have better reception than other phones. Maybe they're connected? :-)

Dave
August 6, 2005 11:02:31 PM

No personal experience here but I'm willing to bet Verizon won't do
anything. They're not the ones who made the phone so it's not their
problem. Don't waste your time and breath with a call.

<Lou@GoForIt.net> wrote in message news:42F484D2.9873651C@optonline.net...
> Julie Ruin wrote:
>
> Yes, I read the article in full.
> My question was not about the effects, it was about what VZ will do?
> Do you have personal experience or is your reply just an opinion??
>
> Lou
>
>> Yeah, I know what VZW will say.
>>
>> They will tell you to fxxx off. =0)
>>
>> And this is why: "there is not conclusive or demonstrated evidence that
>> they
>> (SARS) cause adverse health affects in humans."
>>
>> did you read the article you provided the URL to?
>>
>> -julie
>>
>> <Lou@GoForIt.net> wrote in message
>> > Cnet just put out an article with SAR ratings for phones.
>> > http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6602-5020355-1.html?tag=nl...
>> > Note list on left side of page or at bottom.
>> >
>> > My V265 is right up there with a SAR of 1.55. I am not a heavy user,
>> > but I am not happy. Does anyone know if VZ will respond if I complain.
>> > Got phone last fall.
>> >
>> > Lou

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:34:33 AM

I know that Treo 650 GSM has no analog mode but
does Treo 650 CDMA have it or not ?

My user guide says "1900/800 digital dual-band"
so what's the SAR rating for analog for ?

Or perhaps other Treo 650 CDMA phones have analog
mode but Verizon's Treo 650 CDMA doesn't.

"Michael" <mpmorgan(no spam)@adelphia.net> wrote:
>CDMA is not GSM.
>
>"Treo Leo" <treoleo@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I didn't know my Treo 650 CDMA has analog mode :-)
>>
>> "Michael" <mpmorgan(no spam)@adelphia.net> wrote:
>>>It's because GSM is digital only. There is no analog.

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 3:02:56 AM

I didn't either

!