Print Screen on laptop?

Is there a Print Screen (or equivalent screen capture key) on a Gateway
laptop model 450Sx4?

I need someone to send me a screen capture from his machine, but he claims
there's no Print Screen. Is it perhaps hidden as an overlay, as keypads
often are on laptops?

Thanks,

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
| www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog
5 answers Last reply
More about print screen laptop

    Don't know what the Sx4 is, don't see one on Gateway's site, but my 450X has
    one, it's on the top row (smaller keys than the rest) fourth from the right.
    Does he know that it's abbreviated to PrtScrn?

    In news:clbm91$big$1@reader1.panix.com,
    Pierre Jelenc <rcpj@panix.com> stated

    Joan F \(MI\) <jjfahl@removethisameritech.net> writes:
    > Don't know what the Sx4 is, don't see one on Gateway's site, but my 450X has
    > one, it's on the top row (smaller keys than the rest) fourth from the right.
    > Does he know that it's abbreviated to PrtScrn?

    Perhaps not, he does not appear terribly computer-friendly...

    Thanks, I'll pass it on.

    Pierre
    --
    Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
    | www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
    The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
    www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog

    He has to hit the PrtScrn button, then use an image editor to "paste" the
    image into. Sometimes you have to open a New document in the editor before
    you have the option to "paste". Then you save it as a jpg or tiff.

    Melissa

    Melissa <nospam@nospam.com> writes:
    > He has to hit the PrtScrn button, then use an image editor to "paste" the
    > image into. Sometimes you have to open a New document in the editor before
    > you have the option to "paste". Then you save it as a jpg or tiff.

    And who knows what he did, but I got a rather small (about 6k) file with a
    ..jpg extension, but that was not in any of the more than 40 formats I can
    handle.

    I've given up and he'll have to bring his laptop and show me directly what
    he's talking about.

    Pierre
    --
    Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
    | www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
    The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
    www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog

    Download a copy of the open source GIMP image editor. It's a little quirky to
    use for those accustomed to Windows, but it handles JPEGs and lots of other
    image file formats... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:53:20 +0000 (UTC), rcpj@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:

    >Melissa <nospam@nospam.com> writes:
    >> He has to hit the PrtScrn button, then use an image editor to "paste" the
    >> image into. Sometimes you have to open a New document in the editor before
    >> you have the option to "paste". Then you save it as a jpg or tiff.
    >
    >And who knows what he did, but I got a rather small (about 6k) file with a
    >.jpg extension, but that was not in any of the more than 40 formats I can
    >handle.
    >
    >I've given up and he'll have to bring his laptop and show me directly what
    >he's talking about.
    >
    >Pierre
    >--
    >Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
    > | www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
    > The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
    >www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog

Gateway Laptops Computers