Solo 2500 Time and Date Problem

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My Solo 2500 will no longer keep an accurate time and date. I set it and in a
few days it's off (behind) by 10 days or more. The main battery in the laptop
is in excellent condition and fully charged. Any idea of what the problem is?

Thanks,
John

Sounds like the backup (CMOS) battery is faulty. Usually these are
rechargeable and charged from the main battery.

"John" <jcsarp@aol.com> wrote in message
> My Solo 2500 will no longer keep an accurate time and date. I set it and
in a
> few days it's off (behind) by 10 days or more. The main battery in the
laptop
> is in excellent condition and fully charged. Any idea of what the problem
is?

> Thanks,
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thanks for the reply. Is the CMOS battery backup user replaceable?

Thanks,
John