kerio and vpn client

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 31, 2004 6:15:14 PM

hey i downloaded kerio and cannot get my cisco vpn client to work. wont
connect event hough i allowed it, anyone help?

--
Mike

---

More about : kerio vpn client

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 10:57:15 PM

Michael wrote:
> hey i downloaded kerio and cannot get my cisco vpn client to work. wont
> connect event hough i allowed it, anyone help?

If you're talking about Kerio V. 4.1, I had the same problem. I'd
suggest making a rule to allow cvpnd.exe UDP inbound on local ports
62515/17/19/21/23/24 and outbound UDP on port 500. If that doesn't work,
disable Kerio when you initiate your VPN connection. You can try using
Cisco's Stateful Packet Inspection in that case, but keep in mind, that
may cause conflicts with the Kerio Firewall engine. If you still run
into problems, post back and I'll give you a couple of other things to try.
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 6:22:21 PM

optikl wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>
>> hey i downloaded kerio and cannot get my cisco vpn client to work. wont
>> connect event hough i allowed it, anyone help?
>>

> If you're talking about Kerio V. 4.1, I had the same problem. I'd
> suggest making a rule to allow cvpnd.exe UDP inbound on local ports
> 62515/17/19/21/23/24 and outbound UDP on port 500. If that doesn't work,
> disable Kerio when you initiate your VPN connection. You can try using
> Cisco's Stateful Packet Inspection in that case, but keep in mind, that
> may cause conflicts with the Kerio Firewall engine. If you still run
> into problems, post back and I'll give you a couple of other things to try.
As a followup, I just tried 4.1 beta 5 release, which incorporates
some predetermined rules with VPN. I got my Cisco VPN to work with it in
about 2 minutes.
!