Calls to Canada

I have a plan that's 3 yrs old-- America's Choice 400 ($39.99). One of
the perks of this plan, and the market I'm in, is that I get free
(included in plan) calls to Canada. I wanted to upgrade to a newer
phone by signing another contract but when I called CSR late last year,
they told me that calls to Canada were not part of the plan for my
market (DC metro). I was wondering if anyone still gets free calls to
Canada on the new America's Choice plans?
9 answers Last reply
More about calls canada

    On 6 Aug 2005 14:56:26 -0700, "babolat" <babolat30@aol.com> wrote:
    >I have a plan that's 3 yrs old-- America's Choice 400 ($39.99). One of
    >the perks of this plan, and the market I'm in, is that I get free
    >(included in plan) calls to Canada. I wanted to upgrade to a newer
    >phone by signing another contract but when I called CSR late last year,
    >they told me that calls to Canada were not part of the plan for my
    >market (DC metro). I was wondering if anyone still gets free calls to
    >Canada on the new America's Choice plans?

    Nope. They got rid of the free long distance to Canada in May 2004. If
    you get a new contract (say, by getting a new-every-two phone), you'll
    lose your free calls to Canada. Don't ever change your plan or get a
    subsidized phone!

    --
    Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
    njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."

    You really need to listen to Bob, and it may mean additional expense. I use
    a Motorola 270c, and have three spares. I don't have the new toys, but I do
    have analog. I don't have national m2m, but I do have SRW for no roaming
    charges in the 12 western states. There are a lot of areas that are still
    not digital. Plan jumping is a problem for some people and only you can
    decide. the problem is that when you know you made a mistake, it is usually
    too late to get your old plan back.

    "Bob Scheurle" <njtbob@X-verizon-X.net> wrote in message

    > Nope. They got rid of the free long distance to Canada in May 2004. If
    > you get a new contract (say, by getting a new-every-two phone), you'll
    > lose your free calls to Canada. Don't ever change your plan or get a
    > subsidized phone!
    >
    > --
    > Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
    > njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."
    > Remove X's and dashes | -- Bill Gates, March 1980

    I just renewed my contract from the old 400 min to the new 450 min. I
    specifically asked the rep about Canada calling. She told me I could still
    call Canada within my minutes but wouldn't be able to call US from Canada.
    Now do you think they just don't know and tell you want you want to hear.
    Would that be called Lying.? One way to tell for sure. I'll make a one
    minute call to Canada and see what shows on my bill.

    "babolat" <babolat30@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I have a plan that's 3 yrs old-- America's Choice 400 ($39.99). One of
    > the perks of this plan, and the market I'm in, is that I get free
    > (included in plan) calls to Canada. I wanted to upgrade to a newer
    > phone by signing another contract but when I called CSR late last year,
    > they told me that calls to Canada were not part of the plan for my
    > market (DC metro). I was wondering if anyone still gets free calls to
    > Canada on the new America's Choice plans?

    "Frank"

    | I just renewed my contract from the old 400 min to the new 450 min. I
    | specifically asked the rep about Canada calling. She told me I could still
    | call Canada within my minutes but wouldn't be able to call US from Canada.

    | Now do you think they just don't know and tell you want you want to hear.
    | Would that be called Lying.?

    <snip>

    In my exeriance that's what defines Marketing in VZN parlance.

    I'd be very interested to find out about your 1-min test call to
    Canada. I spoke with two CSRs and they both said Canada had been
    dropped. My phone is ancient (V120) so I would not mind getting new
    equipment and getting 50 mins extra a month. I'm in the DC metro area.
    What market are you in?

    babolat wrote:

    >I'd be very interested to find out about your 1-min test call to
    >Canada. I spoke with two CSRs and they both said Canada had been
    >dropped. My phone is ancient (V120) so I would not mind getting new
    >equipment and getting 50 mins extra a month. I'm in the DC metro area.
    >What market are you in?
    >

    >>Now do you think they just don't know and tell you want you want to hear.
    >>Would that be called Lying.? One way to tell for sure. I'll make a one
    >>minute call to Canada and see what shows on my bill.

    I wouldn't be surprised if it was dropped since AT&T Wireless was a
    competitor that offered calling to Canada at no extra cost on many of
    its plans.

    TH

    My billing period ended yesterday. Should get my bill next week. There'll be
    a Canada call on it and I'll let ya know how it was billed.

    > I'd be very interested to find out about your 1-min test call to
    > Canada. I spoke with two CSRs and they both said Canada had been
    > dropped. My phone is ancient (V120) so I would not mind getting new
    > equipment and getting 50 mins extra a month. I'm in the DC metro area.
    > What market are you in?
    >
    >> Now do you think they just don't know and tell you want you want to hear.
    >>Would that be called Lying.? One way to tell for sure. I'll make a one
    >>minute call to Canada and see what shows on my bill.

    My new billing was just posted. Looks like that rep spoke with forked
    tongue. Got charged the 4 mins to Canada, $1.96. Guess that proves out
    AC-2 plan does NOT include Canada. I'd be ticked if I had any friends in
    Canada. This also proves out, to me anyway, that you cannot take a reps
    word as gospel.

    "Frank" <duzenski@snet.net> wrote in

    > that you cannot take a reps
    > word as gospel.

    Carry the bill to the rep, if he's local of course, and ask him to fix it
    making your calls to Canada included, again. HE said it was, right? Will
    he admit he's stupid? NOT...(c;

    Hunt him down and ask his supervisor why the training program
    failed...Always fun for a laugh...

    --
    Larry

Verizon Internet Service Providers