Is Radeon X600 better than GeForce 6200/6600 for Non-Gamer?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
January 31, 2005 11:52:04 AM

I'm looking to build a new Athlon 64 3500+ system, and am looking hard
at motherboards that support PCI Express. I've read the videocard
reviews on anandtech and tomshardware, but those reviews deal almost
entirely with gaming benchmarks.

I use mostly 2D applications (web surfing/uploading/downloading, MS Ofc
apps). My criteria are:

1. Display clarity (I'm quite nearsighted so need a bright clear
display, especially for text).
2. Processing power (I'd like to get a card that offloads as much work
from the CPU as possible).
3. A price range of about $125 or less.

Any suggestions? Would the GeForce 6200/6600 family work as well for
2D apps as the Radeon x300/x600 series?
Thanks for all help and advice.

Jerry
July 8, 2009 6:30:07 AM

iwant to ask that which is better than those of graphics card plzz told iam no enough older to search that plzz give me answer radeon x600 or nvidia 6600
a c 376 U Graphics card
July 8, 2009 8:10:07 AM

forget about a video card of you aren't a gamer. most MBs for amd chips have fine integrated graphics for non-gaming purposes.
that said, why would you buld a new system based around such an outdated processor?
a c 376 U Graphics card
July 8, 2009 8:11:02 AM

nvm, i see this post is ancient.
!