snapshots

RAB

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

i'm in san fierro and just got the camera + message about looking for
snapshots. I'm wondering if theres something to indicate what area needs to
be photographed? or do I just go around photographing everything on the off
chance?

rab wrote:

> i'm in san fierro and just got the camera + message about looking for
> snapshots. I'm wondering if theres something to indicate what area needs to
> be photographed? or do I just go around photographing everything on the off
> chance?

when you look through the camera you see a small circular emblem with
a camera icon on it. The best thing is to use one of the maps and/or
guides readily available. Be prepared for a little frustration at
first til you get used to the locations and beware the one on the
front deck of the warship. This has to be photographed from a
distance.

Map (I print these out and cross off the ones I find)
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_snapshots.png

guide
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_snapshots.txt

be also aware that if you die during collection of any of these things
don't reload your game unless you have saved during collection. Same
if you get arrested obviously. Nowt worse than thinking you've
collected something when you didn't save it.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

In message <42B83F9F.2BA6E30B@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> This has to be photographed from a distance.

Lightweight :eek:)

The game does register all the snapshots even if you can't see the
icon, but you still have to fairly close to it. I had luck getting the
snapshot on top of the aircraft carrier by getting on the little
platform a little north that has a minigun on (You'll need to use a
chopper though).

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42B83F9F.2BA6E30B@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > This has to be photographed from a distance.
>
> Lightweight :eek:)
>
> The game does register all the snapshots even if you can't see the
> icon, but you still have to fairly close to it. I had luck getting the
> snapshot on top of the aircraft carrier by getting on the little
> platform a little north that has a minigun on (You'll need to use a
> chopper though).
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

much easier. Do the airport ones first and after them walk/drive about
half way along the runway. From there you can easily see the bridge of
the ship and as long as you aim roughly center of the bridge and zoom
in it will register. I also found that stupid one over the bridge can
be got from the airport if you stand in just the right place and have
a good idea of how high above the bridge it hovers.
--

"rab" <rab@rab.com> wrote in message news:3hqs8vFap49mU1@individual.net...
> i'm in san fierro and just got the camera + message about looking for
> snapshots. I'm wondering if theres something to indicate what area needs
> be photographed? or do I just go around photographing everything on the
> off
> chance?

Go here:

http://hem.bredband.net/708145/snapshots.html

You can click on each numbered snapshot and you'll get a better view of the
snapshot.