Dual screens on one monitor?

Hi, I'm new to this dual screen stuff, and I was curious if it was
possible to set up my computer for dual screens but only use one
monitor.

Mabye have a button or something that would switch from one to the
other.

I ask this because my computer teacher recently acquired a program that
allows him to see what we're doing. But the program only sees what's on
the Primary screen NOT the Secondary screen.

So, if there is a way to set my computer up with dual screens, but only
have 1 screen and 1 video card please let me know:)

-thanks
-minichifa
5 answers Last reply
More about dual screens monitor

    Well first of all you (obviously) need a video card with dual outputs.
    I don't know of any monitors with multiple video inputs, so you would
    need some form of a KVM switch to toggle between the two outputs.

    No.

    --
    DaveW

    "mini chifa" <frustratedmaster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm new to this dual screen stuff, and I was curious if it was
    > possible to set up my computer for dual screens but only use one
    > monitor.
    >
    > Mabye have a button or something that would switch from one to the
    > other.
    >
    > I ask this because my computer teacher recently acquired a program that
    > allows him to see what we're doing. But the program only sees what's on
    > the Primary screen NOT the Secondary screen.
    >
    > So, if there is a way to set my computer up with dual screens, but only
    > have 1 screen and 1 video card please let me know:)
    >

    > -thanks
    > -minichifa

  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    mini chifa wrote:

    > Hi, I'm new to this dual screen stuff, and I was curious if it was
    > possible to set up my computer for dual screens but only use one
    > monitor.
    >
    > Mabye have a button or something that would switch from one to the
    > other.
    >
    > I ask this because my computer teacher recently acquired a program that
    > allows him to see what we're doing. But the program only sees what's on
    > the Primary screen NOT the Secondary screen.
    >
    > So, if there is a way to set my computer up with dual screens, but only
    > have 1 screen and 1 video card please let me know:)

    Dell makes a monitor with an A-B switch and two video inputs. If you have
    a card with two outputs, I guess you could connect it to the same computer
    twice. Or use a KVM to the same computer.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    "mini chifa" <frustratedmaster@yahoo.com> :
    >Hi, I'm new to this dual screen stuff, and I was curious if it was
    >possible to set up my computer for dual screens but only use one
    >monitor.
    >
    >Mabye have a button or something that would switch from one to the
    >other.
    >
    >I ask this because my computer teacher recently acquired a program that
    >allows him to see what we're doing. But the program only sees what's on
    >the Primary screen NOT the Secondary screen.
    >
    >So, if there is a way to set my computer up with dual screens, but only
    >have 1 screen and 1 video card please let me know:)

    Sure. a lot of the higher-end monitors (LCD and CRT) have dual inputs and
    a button that allows you to switch between the two inputs. You will also
    need a dual output vid card.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?)

    Do you still need help with this? email me at wizzard_201@yahoo.com

Graphics Cards Computer Monitors Graphics