Dual screens on one monitor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 11, 2005 7:20:16 AM

Hi, I'm new to this dual screen stuff, and I was curious if it was
possible to set up my computer for dual screens but only use one
monitor.

Mabye have a button or something that would switch from one to the
other.

I ask this because my computer teacher recently acquired a program that
allows him to see what we're doing. But the program only sees what's on
the Primary screen NOT the Secondary screen.

So, if there is a way to set my computer up with dual screens, but only
have 1 screen and 1 video card please let me know:)

-thanks
-minichifa

More about : dual screens monitor

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 11, 2005 2:11:27 PM

Well first of all you (obviously) need a video card with dual outputs.
I don't know of any monitors with multiple video inputs, so you would
need some form of a KVM switch to toggle between the two outputs.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 11, 2005 7:24:28 PM

No.

--
DaveW

"mini chifa" <frustratedmaster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm new to this dual screen stuff, and I was curious if it was
> possible to set up my computer for dual screens but only use one
> monitor.
>
> Mabye have a button or something that would switch from one to the
> other.
>
> I ask this because my computer teacher recently acquired a program that
> allows him to see what we're doing. But the program only sees what's on
> the Primary screen NOT the Secondary screen.
>
> So, if there is a way to set my computer up with dual screens, but only
> have 1 screen and 1 video card please let me know:)
>

> -thanks
> -minichifa

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2005 7:55:54 PM

mini chifa wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to this dual screen stuff, and I was curious if it was
> possible to set up my computer for dual screens but only use one
> monitor.
>
> Mabye have a button or something that would switch from one to the
> other.
>
> I ask this because my computer teacher recently acquired a program that
> allows him to see what we're doing. But the program only sees what's on
> the Primary screen NOT the Secondary screen.
>
> So, if there is a way to set my computer up with dual screens, but only
> have 1 screen and 1 video card please let me know:)

Dell makes a monitor with an A-B switch and two video inputs. If you have
a card with two outputs, I guess you could connect it to the same computer
twice. Or use a KVM to the same computer.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 13, 2005 9:12:20 AM

"mini chifa" <frustratedmaster@yahoo.com> :
>Hi, I'm new to this dual screen stuff, and I was curious if it was
>possible to set up my computer for dual screens but only use one
>monitor.
>
>Mabye have a button or something that would switch from one to the
>other.
>
>I ask this because my computer teacher recently acquired a program that
>allows him to see what we're doing. But the program only sees what's on
>the Primary screen NOT the Secondary screen.
>
>So, if there is a way to set my computer up with dual screens, but only
>have 1 screen and 1 video card please let me know:)

Sure. a lot of the higher-end monitors (LCD and CRT) have dual inputs and
a button that allows you to switch between the two inputs. You will also
need a dual output vid card.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor