need opinion on two graphics cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 12, 2005 3:06:36 AM

I am planning to buy a Dell 4700 computer. It gives the option of upgrading
to either the 128 mb ATI Radeon X300 SE for $60 or upgrading to the 256 mb
nVidia GeForce 6800 for $240. Is the extra $180 worth it? The games I use
are mainly Sims 2 and Rollarcoaster Tycoon 3D game as examples. Those games
require 32mb , though it recommends 64 mb. Also, Dell offers the flat panel
E173FP alalog monitor, but for $49 extra I can upgrade to the Ultrasharp
1704FPT Digital FlatPanel. I wonder if that also makes a difference and is
worth the upgrade. Any opinions appreciated. I consider myself a moderate
gamer, so it is a tough decision. I decided not to go with
intergrated Intel Graphics as it probably is
not adequate for games that require a 3D card.

More about : opinion graphics cards

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2005 10:03:51 PM

look here for your answers

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index...

"snow" <dlessard1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I am planning to buy a Dell 4700 computer. It gives the option of
upgrading
> to either the 128 mb ATI Radeon X300 SE for $60 or upgrading to the 256 mb
> nVidia GeForce 6800 for $240. Is the extra $180 worth it? The games I use
> are mainly Sims 2 and Rollarcoaster Tycoon 3D game as examples. Those
games
> require 32mb , though it recommends 64 mb. Also, Dell offers the flat
panel
> E173FP alalog monitor, but for $49 extra I can upgrade to the Ultrasharp
> 1704FPT Digital FlatPanel. I wonder if that also makes a difference and is
> worth the upgrade. Any opinions appreciated. I consider myself a moderate
> gamer, so it is a tough decision. I decided not to go with
> intergrated Intel Graphics as it probably is
> not adequate for games that require a 3D card.

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2005 10:11:08 PM

oops, the other was for AGP cards,
here is a better link

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041222/index...

The ATI X300 is at the bottom of the list at every game. You can only
decide how much money its worth to have high frame rates

!