need opinion on two graphics cards

I am planning to buy a Dell 4700 computer. It gives the option of upgrading
to either the 128 mb ATI Radeon X300 SE for $60 or upgrading to the 256 mb
nVidia GeForce 6800 for $240. Is the extra $180 worth it? The games I use
are mainly Sims 2 and Rollarcoaster Tycoon 3D game as examples. Those games
require 32mb , though it recommends 64 mb. Also, Dell offers the flat panel
E173FP alalog monitor, but for $49 extra I can upgrade to the Ultrasharp
1704FPT Digital FlatPanel. I wonder if that also makes a difference and is
worth the upgrade. Any opinions appreciated. I consider myself a moderate
gamer, so it is a tough decision. I decided not to go with
intergrated Intel Graphics as it probably is
not adequate for games that require a 3D card.
2 answers Last reply
More about need opinion graphics cards

    look here for your answers

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

    "snow" <dlessard1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I am planning to buy a Dell 4700 computer. It gives the option of
    upgrading
    > to either the 128 mb ATI Radeon X300 SE for $60 or upgrading to the 256 mb
    > nVidia GeForce 6800 for $240. Is the extra $180 worth it? The games I use
    > are mainly Sims 2 and Rollarcoaster Tycoon 3D game as examples. Those
    games
    > require 32mb , though it recommends 64 mb. Also, Dell offers the flat
    panel
    > E173FP alalog monitor, but for $49 extra I can upgrade to the Ultrasharp
    > 1704FPT Digital FlatPanel. I wonder if that also makes a difference and is
    > worth the upgrade. Any opinions appreciated. I consider myself a moderate
    > gamer, so it is a tough decision. I decided not to go with
    > intergrated Intel Graphics as it probably is
    > not adequate for games that require a 3D card.

    oops, the other was for AGP cards,
    here is a better link

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041222/index.html

    The ATI X300 is at the bottom of the list at every game. You can only
    decide how much money its worth to have high frame rates

    "snow" <dlessard1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I am planning to buy a Dell 4700 computer. It gives the option of
    upgrading
    > to either the 128 mb ATI Radeon X300 SE for $60 or upgrading to the 256 mb
    > nVidia GeForce 6800 for $240. Is the extra $180 worth it? The games I use
    > are mainly Sims 2 and Rollarcoaster Tycoon 3D game as examples. Those
    games
    > require 32mb , though it recommends 64 mb. Also, Dell offers the flat
    panel
    > E173FP alalog monitor, but for $49 extra I can upgrade to the Ultrasharp
    > 1704FPT Digital FlatPanel. I wonder if that also makes a difference and is
    > worth the upgrade. Any opinions appreciated. I consider myself a moderate
    > gamer, so it is a tough decision. I decided not to go with
    > intergrated Intel Graphics as it probably is
    > not adequate for games that require a 3D card.

Graphics Cards Graphics