Need a solution for PC Video / Audio system to playback on..

I'm recording mpeg2 formatted movies with a cable tv tuner card and
Guide plus+ to my external firewire hard drive. Is there a good quality
card for sound and video that I can connect to my 27" RV TV?

I can either use my laptop or get another desktop to keep on the boat
for playback, but i'm not sure if I need a combo or seperate audio /
video card. I would prefer to use the laptop to make it easier to move
bac and forth.

Do they actually make a pcmcia card video with resolution efficient for
tv playback?

Also, if I get a speaker system for audio out of the laptop, would it
sound decent for TV playback?

My other option is to copy alot of mpeg2 to the external drive and burn
the files to DVD and play back on a DVD player.

Anyone that has ideas for the best option above or other ideas please
give me some feedback.
Thanks

updawaz00@hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm recording mpeg2 formatted movies with a cable tv tuner card and
> Guide plus+ to my external firewire hard drive. Is there a good quality
> card for sound and video that I can connect to my 27" RV TV?
>
> I can either use my laptop or get another desktop to keep on the boat
> for playback, but i'm not sure if I need a combo or seperate audio /
> video card. I would prefer to use the laptop to make it easier to move
> bac and forth.

You should have gotten a laptop with S-video outputs and audio outputs.

> Do they actually make a pcmcia card video with resolution efficient for
> tv playback?

Probably but try to find one.

> Also, if I get a speaker system for audio out of the laptop, would it
> sound decent for TV playback?

If the speakers are decent and the sound chip in the laptop is decent it
will sound better than the average TV.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)