Help with Video card drivers!!!

I've got hold of a freashly formatted computer that i installed
windows Me on. The guy who gave it to me dosent have copies of the
video card drivers and dosent know the brand (All he knows is that it
is a 1mb card). At the minute the only drivers that will work are the
standerd SVGA and VGA drivers. The SVGA allows me 800X600 screen size
but only allows me to run in 16 colours. Ideally in wanting at least
256 couors but preferrably as many as i can get. I know it can run
with more colours as he let me see it before he formatted it.

Any replies greatly appreciated

On 18 Feb 2005 04:46:49 -0800, legitfromtheman@yahoo.com (Mr Jim)
wrote:

>I've got hold of a freashly formatted computer that i installed
>windows Me on. The guy who gave it to me dosent have copies of the
>video card drivers and dosent know the brand (All he knows is that it
>is a 1mb card). At the minute the only drivers that will work are the
>standerd SVGA and VGA drivers. The SVGA allows me 800X600 screen size
>but only allows me to run in 16 colours. Ideally in wanting at least
>256 couors but preferrably as many as i can get. I know it can run
>with more colours as he let me see it before he formatted it.
>
>Any replies greatly appreciated

Download Everest Home Edition and it should identify your video
adapter so you can find the right drivers for it.

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en