Any idea where....

Ok, someone that plays the PS2 version of GTA:SA says that there is a
building that is so high that you can go to the top of it and jump off of it
using your parachute. Any idea where I can find this and if it is even in
the PC version? I would appreciate it

thanks,
Gary

--

-- http://compute-it.net/
--We use duct tape to fix everything, GOD used NAILS!

Gary Kendall wrote:

> Ok, someone that plays the PS2 version of GTA:SA says that there is a
> building that is so high that you can go to the top of it and jump off of it
> using your parachute. Any idea where I can find this and if it is even in
> the PC version? I would appreciate it
>
> thanks,
> Gary
>
> --
>
> -- http://compute-it.net/
> --We use duct tape to fix everything, GOD used NAILS!

there is at least one in each major city. Using this map of locations
look for these buildings

Los Santos - Downtown Skyscraper

San Fiero - Big Pointy Building

Las venturas - this one isn't marked very well but I think it's the
building which is just above the welding and wedding and between two
24/7s. It's a bit of a sod to get on top of too, no stairs. I think
there are others scattered here and there... one of the big bridges
comes to mind but if you're early in the game then head for that
downtown skyscraper.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_secrets.png
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

jasper

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003

Gary Kendall wrote:
> Ok, someone that plays the PS2 version of GTA:SA says that there is a
> building that is so high that you can go to the top of it and jump off of it
> using your parachute. Any idea where I can find this and if it is even in
> the PC version? I would appreciate it

Maybe some building downtown San Fierro?
Haven't unlocked Las Venturas yet, so maybe it's there.

Anyway, do you get a reward (in your stats) for doing a parachute jump?
It's fun and all... Jumped twice from Mt. Chiliad today :)

Jasper.

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:28:20 +0200, jasper
<jasper-dot-devries-@-hccnet-dot-nl> wrote:

>Gary Kendall wrote:
>> Ok, someone that plays the PS2 version of GTA:SA says that there is a
>> building that is so high that you can go to the top of it and jump off of it
>> using your parachute. Any idea where I can find this and if it is even in
>> the PC version? I would appreciate it
>
>Maybe some building downtown San Fierro?
>Haven't unlocked Las Venturas yet, so maybe it's there.
>
>Anyway, do you get a reward (in your stats) for doing a parachute jump?
>It's fun and all... Jumped twice from Mt. Chiliad today :)
>
>Jasper.

LS = The round spot on the map, just west of the northern Mulholland
Interchange. It is also enter-able with a bike. Makes for an easy
triple insane. Find the yellow arrow to enter. A hex pattern on top.

SF = Big pointy, the GTASA version of the real life Transamerica
Pyramid in San Francisco. You'll have to do the valet missions right
across the street from there at the Vankhoff Hotel parking garage.
(original unlocking mission = 555-we tip).

Both the tallest building in LS, and the Big pointy in SF have
parachutes at the top, for base-jumping. there are no rewards, etc.
-§ynch

"Gary Kendall" <gkendall@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> Ok, someone that plays the PS2 version of GTA:SA says that there is a
> building that is so high that you can go to the top of it and jump off of
> it
> using your parachute. Any idea where I can find this and if it is even in
> the PC version? I would appreciate it
>
> thanks,
> Gary

A lot of others gave you the locations of the 3 big buildings in the
different cities, but you can base jump off of a lot of the smaller ones
too....

In message <p40ue.3010$7X1.1735@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>
"Gary Kendall" <gkendall@neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Ok, someone that plays the PS2 version of GTA:SA says that there is a
> building that is so high that you can go to the top of it and jump off of it
> using your parachute. Any idea where I can find this and if it is even in
> the PC version? I would appreciate it

You have looked at some of the buildings in all three main cities
haven't you? Certain tall buildings have a parachute on top of the for
this very purpose.

A big giveaway is the pointy building in San Fierro which has a sign
bearing the legend 'No Base Jumping'. Mind you, it also features
another sign that says 'No Knob Jokes' :eek:)

Using a PJC600 or FCR900 to jump off Mount Chiliad, jumping off the
bike and then taking in all the scenery remains one of my favourite
"Wow, look at all the great scenery" moments.

Cheers,
Rob

In message <Nn3ue.19207$Vo6.4319@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote:

> Gant bridge........on top of it........though to get there you'd need a
> jetpack!

I quite like what's written up there; 'There are no secrets up here, go
away'.

Cheers,
Rob

Jericho

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2001

>> On the PC at least, you can take a motorbike up there. Grab the 'chute,
>> back
>> the bike up and go off one of the little ramps to really catch some air.
>> Then jump off the bike and pop your 'chute.
>
> ah, i did wonder about the ramps, never tried to take ab bike up
> though, might be a laugh. Does it count as a stunt? :O)

Sadly not - or at least not a unique one. I did get an insane stunt for
driving off the cliff edge and into a billboard in SW San Fierro, though...

yeah....pretty cool
though I liked the script on the lookout overlooking the Gant
bridge.......ya know......has polygon count and memory size needed for the
model......kinda surreal

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
....why, other guards, of course!

Jericho wrote:

> >> On the PC at least, you can take a motorbike up there. Grab the 'chute,
> >> back
> >> the bike up and go off one of the little ramps to really catch some air.
> >> Then jump off the bike and pop your 'chute.
> >
> > ah, i did wonder about the ramps, never tried to take ab bike up
> > though, might be a laugh. Does it count as a stunt? :O)
> >

> Sadly not - or at least not a unique one. I did get an insane stunt for
> driving off the cliff edge and into a billboard in SW San Fierro, though...

:O) I was just wondering what sort of points you'd get for an insane
jump from the tip of a skyscraper.
--

Rob White wrote:

> Using a PJC600 or FCR900 to jump off Mount Chiliad, jumping off the
> bike and then taking in all the scenery remains one of my favourite
> "Wow, look at all the great scenery" moments.

and when CJ starts to scream you realise you left your chute at home
:O))
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

I got a triple-insane stunt by riding south-east and landing on the
junction below, I deliberately spun out the bike as I hit the edge and
spun about a dozen times in the air.

Phil Hibbs.

snarks@gmail.com wrote:

> I got a triple-insane stunt by riding south-east and landing on the
> junction below, I deliberately spun out the bike as I hit the edge and
> spun about a dozen times in the air.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

cool. I had a real favourite in GTA3, coming down the hill from that
bistro area and hitting a hummock in the trees at the bottom, but
there always seemed to be a car in the way.
--

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Jericho wrote:

Fierro, though...

> :O) I was just wondering what sort of points you'd get for an insane
> jump from the tip of a skyscraper.
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")

I downloaded the "Ultimate Vice City" mod for VC, it's the one that adds the
New York World Trade Centre towers. It's great apart from the misguided
politics (suggesting that Saddam Hussein was responsible for the September
11th attacks shows that despite being clever enough to create a great mod,
people can still be stupid).

Anyway, I jumped a PCJ from the top of the WTC towers, fell endlessly
through the air and landed on my wheels. Miraculously, Tommy stayed on the
bike and rode it away. Now THAT'S a stunt! I couldn't repeat it though,
although Tommy Vercetti's amazing durability meant that he never died in the
fall regardless.

Strange when you consider that this is the same guy who drowns as soon as he
gets into water over his chest. I wonder who is the best person to be - CJ
with his swimming skills, or Vercetti with his rubber bones? Imagine them in
a fight, with Tommy trying everything to get CJ up somewhere high, while CJ
tries to corner Tommy near a puddle.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Wright wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Jericho wrote:
> >>
> Fierro, though...
> >
> > :O) I was just wondering what sort of points you'd get for an insane
> > jump from the tip of a skyscraper.
> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
>
> I downloaded the "Ultimate Vice City" mod for VC, it's the one that adds the
> New York World Trade Centre towers. It's great apart from the misguided
> politics (suggesting that Saddam Hussein was responsible for the September
> 11th attacks shows that despite being clever enough to create a great mod,
> people can still be stupid).
>
> Anyway, I jumped a PCJ from the top of the WTC towers, fell endlessly
> through the air and landed on my wheels. Miraculously, Tommy stayed on the
> bike and rode it away. Now THAT'S a stunt! I couldn't repeat it though,
> although Tommy Vercetti's amazing durability meant that he never died in the
> fall regardless.
>
> Strange when you consider that this is the same guy who drowns as soon as he
> gets into water over his chest. I wonder who is the best person to be - CJ
> with his swimming skills, or Vercetti with his rubber bones? Imagine them in
> a fight, with Tommy trying everything to get CJ up somewhere high, while CJ
> tries to corner Tommy near a puddle.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

:O) I have a feeling they will come face to face in the future
--

In message <42BA0964.C30DFA4D@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Rob White wrote:
>
> > Using a PJC600 or FCR900 to jump off Mount Chiliad, jumping off the
> > bike and then taking in all the scenery remains one of my favourite
> > "Wow, look at all the great scenery" moments.
>
> and when CJ starts to scream you realise you left your chute at home
> :O))

Yup, it's a bitch before you complete the pilot school.

I always make sure it's highlighted in my inventory before getting on
the bike now, and having none of any type of sub-machinegun works well
too :eek:)

Cheers,
Rob

In message <42B9D4D1.859710DE@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> ah, i did wonder about the ramps, never tried to take ab bike up
> though, might be a laugh. Does it count as a stunt? :O)

Landing on your wheels from a really *really* big drop nets you a few
thousand IIRC.

Getting a good run up to go a long distance nets you even more too!

Cheers,
Rob

In message <42BA8CF9.6678CF2C@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> :O) I have a feeling they will come face to face in the future

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Now with Toni Cipriani nearly-officially-confirmed as a playable
character in GTA:Liberty City Stories and CJ having returned to SA from
LC I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of Tommy too.

I still think the GTA franchise will end up like Resident Evil or the
James Bond films in terms of richness of intertwining storylines.

Anyone else think that Quentin Tarantino could be a guest director in a
future GTA?

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42BA8CF9.6678CF2C@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > :O) I have a feeling they will come face to face in the future
>
> Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
>
> Now with Toni Cipriani nearly-officially-confirmed as a playable
> character in GTA:Liberty City Stories and CJ having returned to SA from
> LC I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of Tommy too.
>
> I still think the GTA franchise will end up like Resident Evil or the
> James Bond films in terms of richness of intertwining storylines.
>
> Anyone else think that Quentin Tarantino could be a guest director in a
> future GTA?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
ewwwwwwwwww, think of the blood, and, worse, think of the cut scenes
going on for about an hour while the black guy tells the white guy
what's so brilliant about his burger.

--

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42B9D4D1.859710DE@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > ah, i did wonder about the ramps, never tried to take ab bike up
> > though, might be a laugh. Does it count as a stunt? :O)
>
> Landing on your wheels from a really *really* big drop nets you a few
> thousand IIRC.
>
> Getting a good run up to go a long distance nets you even more too!
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

first time I realised, after that sickening lurch you get when you
slip over the side of a high drop, that you could actually control the
tilt of your vehicle in this game was brill. It was an awful little
pickup but it floated like a damned paper plane!

--

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42BA0964.C30DFA4D@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Rob White wrote:
> >
> > > Using a PJC600 or FCR900 to jump off Mount Chiliad, jumping off the
> > > bike and then taking in all the scenery remains one of my favourite
> > > "Wow, look at all the great scenery" moments.
> >
> > and when CJ starts to scream you realise you left your chute at home
> > :O))
>
> Yup, it's a bitch before you complete the pilot school.
>
> I always make sure it's highlighted in my inventory before getting on
> the bike now, and having none of any type of sub-machinegun works well
> too :eek:)
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

damn, first thing I do is stock up on smgs