How to restore video card settings?

I have a Nvidia Geoforce 6800 Ultra. I changed the refresh rate using
the Nvidia software and now I cannot change it back because my mouse
will not go to the bottom half of the screen and the mouse pointer does
not match up with what is clicked on (so I really cannot use any
program). Does anyone know how to change the resolution/refresh rate
back to what it was with going through the Nvidia or any other software?

On 23 Feb 2005 08:44:48 -0800, pokermon17@yahoo.com wrote:

>I have a Nvidia Geoforce 6800 Ultra. I changed the refresh rate using
>the Nvidia software and now I cannot change it back because my mouse
>will not go to the bottom half of the screen and the mouse pointer does
>not match up with what is clicked on (so I really cannot use any
>program). Does anyone know how to change the resolution/refresh rate
>back to what it was with going through the Nvidia or any other software?

Press F8 during boot up and choose safe mode. Reinstall the video
drivers in this mode as it will use 60hz and you should be back at
default refresh rate for your monitor after driver reinstalllation.