New Yahoo Group for Cell Service

Last response: in Network Providers
August 8, 2005 2:40:46 PM

cell-phone-app-downloads - Cell Phone App Downloads

Description

To discuss the costs, quality, features, and overall capabilities of cell
phone providers' application downloads and methods to do so (i.e. TMobile
t-Zones, Verizon Wireless Get-It-Now (aka GIN), etc.).

Come join us!

Thanks.
Most Recent Messages
(No messages for this group)
Group Email Addresses
Post message: cell-phone-app-downloads@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: cell-phone-app-downloads-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Scott
August 8, 2005 2:40:47 PM

scott@mit.edu (Scott Ehrlich) wrote in

> To discuss the costs, quality, features, and overall capabilities of
> cell phone providers' application downloads and methods to do so (i.e.
> TMobile t-Zones, Verizon Wireless Get-It-Now (aka GIN), etc.).
>
> Come join us!

Geez, that's what we do HERE.....without the moderators and spam....(c;

Come join us!

--
Larry
Anonymous

In article <Xns96AC6784DABF6noone@63.223.7.253>, Larry <noone@home.com> wrote:
>scott@mit.edu (Scott Ehrlich) wrote in
>
>> To discuss the costs, quality, features, and overall capabilities of
>> cell phone providers' application downloads and methods to do so (i.e.
>> TMobile t-Zones, Verizon Wireless Get-It-Now (aka GIN), etc.).
>>
>> Come join us!
>>

>Geez, that's what we do HERE.....without the moderators and spam....(c;
>
>Come join us!

The goal of the group I created is to have a membership consisting of
users of all carriers in one collective area to talk about the particular
service/feature of GIN-type phones, from their respective carriers, and
the respective applications offered.

This newsgroup, and the ones like it (alt...voicestream, alt...nextel),
are great, but I think they would be slanted towards those who actually
use those services. Thus, a Nextel user may not be reading this group,
and if you or I wanted to talk about or compare Nextel something-or-other
with Verizon, we may need to cross-post.

I created a nitch topic that is for all carriers that support the feature.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit.

Scott

>--
>Larry
Related resources
August 9, 2005 1:48:09 AM

> Hope that helps clear things up a bit.

I refreshed groups on Usenetserver this morning. There's a new group you
seek called alt.cellular. That should cover all the companies. No traffic
in it, yet. Time will tell.

Tell the hackers in the Model Railroad Club we appreciate their webpages
and wish them the best with their new abode. I've been watching the
developments....(c; I'm a little disappointed in MIT hackers. I figured
we'd see a stealth bomber on top of the dome where the police car was by
now....maybe over at Harvard..?

--
Larry
August 9, 2005 1:15:02 PM

Larry wrote:
> scott@mit.edu (Scott Ehrlich) wrote in
>

>>To discuss the costs, quality, features, and overall capabilities of
>>cell phone providers' application downloads and methods to do so (i.e.
>>TMobile t-Zones, Verizon Wireless Get-It-Now (aka GIN), etc.).
>>
>>Come join us!
>>

> Geez, that's what we do HERE.....without the moderators and spam....(c;

You forgot to mention all of those great mandatory pop ups and the
clunky web interface.

> Come join us!

August 9, 2005 11:17:09 PM

George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in news:fZudnVJ01aBnNmXfRVn-
gA@adelphia.com:

> You forgot to mention all of those great mandatory pop ups and the
> clunky web interface.

www.webwasher.com

I don't think it's for free, anymore.

Works so good the spammers are testing for it!....(c;

--
Larry
!