Enter to Win a New System Builder's Marathon PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
What the crap? Does Canada not exist? What about Europe? Australia? Hell, I'd be more than willing to flip the shipping bill if you extended it to Canada, but Tom's is just alienating the entire world outside the U.S.

G

I love these contests and the quality builds. Though I do question some choices, like not going with 8gb of ram in a $1000 build when you can get it for under $100.

Canadians, Rhode Islander's and the rest can you stop complaining about these contests and start trying to change your own laws/customs that make it a complicated pain in the behind to let you in.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I'm sure if it was world-wide, people would still pay shipping.
Why does it "have" to be limited to those locations?

Is there a law against giving things away to people outside the U.S or something?

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Yeah, Canadians are shunned....And as for laws all you have to do is write "No cash value" on it. Also even if we did have to pay a small tax, i woudln't mind.

[citation][nom]c0oim4n[/nom]What the crap? Does Canada not exist? What about Europe? Australia? Hell, I'd be more than willing to flip the shipping bill if you extended it to Canada, but Tom's is just alienating the entire world outside the U.S.[/citation]

Its all abotu laws and regulations that restrict Toms from doing the contest there.

Add in customs and such and its a right down messed up system.

I am sure there are Canada or other countries contests that we cannot get here in the US.

BTW, I think I should get the $2K PC. Please.

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
The bashing Tom's for not extending the contest to non-US readers deal is getting old. Every time this contest comes around at least one person whines and the reasons have to be explained yet another time. Maybe Tom's should post a notice in the stories they announce the contest explaining the reasons so that no one wastes anymore comments.

[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]Yeah, Canadians are shunned....And as for laws all you have to do is write "No cash value" on it.[/citation]And leave themselves vulnerable to a $25,000CAD penalty for failure to comply with the Customs Act?
Not a smart move on their part, following your advice, eh?.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]WR2[/nom]And leave themselves vulnerable to a $25,000CAD penalty for failure to comply with the Customs Act? Not a smart move on their part, following your advice, eh?.[/citation]

I'd lie too get them outta shits creek if shit came down :p

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
At least the location eligibility requirements are right up front for a change. I *hate* having to waste time sifting through the rules to find out I'm automatically disqualified.

puddleglum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]spookie[/nom]I have family in the US...may I enter???[/citation]
Just use the name/address of your family member and who's to know? The question is will they send it to you? :)

G

anyone including me not living in the US stop visiting Tomshardware website.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Grumble grumble, Canada, grumble grumble, Europe. Stupid laws. Why can't Toms just foot the import duty? They're a hugely successful internationally recognized website.

*EDIT* Actually, can I use a PO box? I know a couple people that have US PO boxes. Or do I need to be an actual citizen of the US?

Candian whiners are getting so old. This is a United States site, if you don't like it, go enter to win on a Canadian site.

Cry baby whiners.

Next we will have Vietnamese people crying they can't enter either. WAAAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.