LG 8000 # 777

I am trying to set up my pc to be able to use the internet through my
LG8000. I have a USB cable and the drivers installed just fine. Next I know
that you have to create a dial up connection in the PC with the phone number
#777. My question is Do I need to put in a user name and password in order
to use the internet? If so what user name and password do I use? I am in the
EV-Do network and get a strong signal.
4 answers Last reply
More about 8000

    To use the LG VX8000 for VZW network 3G 1x DATA connection:
    Init String: AT$QCMDR=3
    Dial: #777
    userID: 10digitCellNumber@vzw3g.com
    Password: vzw

    -Frank

    "Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set up my pc to be able to use the internet through my
    >LG8000. I have a USB cable and the drivers installed just fine. Next I know
    >that you have to create a dial up connection in the PC with the phone
    >number #777. My question is Do I need to put in a user name and password in
    >order to use the internet? If so what user name and password do I use? I am
    >in the EV-Do network and get a strong signal.

    Also do I need to change or set up any settings on my LG 8000 in the service
    menu or the regular menu??

    Oh... also (almost forgot)...

    You have to go into the phone's service menu (Menu | 0 | 000000) and make
    sure "DUN" is set to enabled. The original 8000 software (04) had this
    enabled by default. The upgraded (05) software has it disabled by default,
    you have enable it again if you've had the software upgraded.

    Viper wrote:
    > I am trying to set up my pc to be able to use the internet through my
    > LG8000. I have a USB cable and the drivers installed just fine. Next I know
    > that you have to create a dial up connection in the PC with the phone number
    > #777. My question is Do I need to put in a user name and password in order
    > to use the internet? If so what user name and password do I use? I am in the
    > EV-Do network and get a strong signal.
    Viper...I am trying to decide between the LG 8000 and the LG 8100...do
    you
    like your 8000 a lot. I don't need the bluetooth feature on the 8100
    and for
    some reason I don't like it. Thanks _robbielynn

Verizon Internet Service Providers