LG 8000 # 777

Viper

I am trying to set up my pc to be able to use the internet through my
LG8000. I have a USB cable and the drivers installed just fine. Next I know
that you have to create a dial up connection in the PC with the phone number
#777. My question is Do I need to put in a user name and password in order
to use the internet? If so what user name and password do I use? I am in the
EV-Do network and get a strong signal.

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

To use the LG VX8000 for VZW network 3G 1x DATA connection:
Init String: AT$QCMDR=3
Dial: #777
userID: 10digitCellNumber@vzw3g.com
Password: vzw

-Frank

"Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up my pc to be able to use the internet through my
>LG8000. I have a USB cable and the drivers installed just fine. Next I know
>that you have to create a dial up connection in the PC with the phone
>number #777. My question is Do I need to put in a user name and password in
>order to use the internet? If so what user name and password do I use? I am
>in the EV-Do network and get a strong signal.

Viper

Also do I need to change or set up any settings on my LG 8000 in the service
menu or the regular menu??

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Oh... also (almost forgot)...

You have to go into the phone's service menu (Menu | 0 | 000000) and make
sure "DUN" is set to enabled. The original 8000 software (04) had this
enabled by default. The upgraded (05) software has it disabled by default,
you have enable it again if you've had the software upgraded.

Viper wrote:
> I am trying to set up my pc to be able to use the internet through my
> LG8000. I have a USB cable and the drivers installed just fine. Next I know
> that you have to create a dial up connection in the PC with the phone number
> #777. My question is Do I need to put in a user name and password in order
> to use the internet? If so what user name and password do I use? I am in the
> EV-Do network and get a strong signal.
Viper...I am trying to decide between the LG 8000 and the LG 8100...do
you
like your 8000 a lot. I don't need the bluetooth feature on the 8100
and for
some reason I don't like it. Thanks _robbielynn