AlphaShield - any one tried this?

I'd appreciate any feed back from people who have tried the AlphaShield
hardware firewall.

--
Wayne

Stipe

"wddiener" <wddiener@cox.net> a écrit dans le message de
> I'd appreciate any feed back from people who have tried the AlphaShield
> hardware firewall.
>
> --
> Wayne

I've tried it last year and returned it. It's an SPI inbound firewall
without IP address.
IMHO picking a good router with SPI does the same thing for a fraction of
the price. As far as I know, the only thing AlphaShield will add is the
auto-disconnection after 15 min of inactivity but this is more or less
effective because *any* access to the Internet (like e-mail checking every
few minutes) will continually reset the auto-disconnection timer. If you
don't care about the price, then it is a plug-and-play device even my
mother-and-law can install.

Stipe