HOW DO I PLAY MOVIES ON THE TV THROUGH SVIDEO

I have a ATI Radeo xtasy 9200 se with dvi and svideo out. I am running
windows XP. I have it hooked up to the tv through svideo I get a good
picture and everything but when I try to watch a movie or video on the
tv it does not show anything. I went the the computer store and tried
to find some software or something to get it to work, I was told that
media player does not support movies to be played out svideo. I would
like to know if there is any way at all to get this to work. It would
be a shame to dump 80 bucks into all of the wires and everything to
hook it all up if I can;t get that to work!

You have to enable hardware overlay in your video player options. I know
Winamp has this option.